DAM!!!

J.R.

Region
USA
City
Piedmont Highlands

Very timely, this was posted today. Friday I went on a serious hill-climb ride. I was trying to push myself as much as I could here in the foothills of the Appalachian Mtns. I was happy with what I accomplished, legs turned to jelly, abs were burning and heart pounding out of my chest. Then I see this video... I have a lot more work to do:rolleyes: Damn!

He should be wearing more safety gear when trying stunts like that. I always ride with helmet and gloves at a minimum. For that concrete slab, I would be wearing a helmet, gloves, elbow pads, knee pads, and possibly my Fox motor-cross body armor in case I roll back.
I guess there's a formula for these videos to get clicks and body armor probably doesn't fit.

I always wear gloves and helmet, and I'm considering some protection for knees and elbows for my more adventurous rides. I hit the trail hard once last summer and I still wear the scars from it. We were in the Appalachian Mtns where there was no mobile coverage. It was rider error on my part. Fortunately I had a complete first aid kit, as I was 90 minutes away from the car.

I'd like to have seen an infrared thermometer used in taking the temp of the motor casing before the climb and after the climb. Some serious watts leaving the battery on that climb. Good grief!
Funny, I always wonder about the heat as well. That and the wear to the internal gears. Knock on wood...

I'd like to have seen an infrared thermometer used in taking the temp of the motor casing before the climb and after the climb. Some serious watts leaving the battery on that climb. Good grief!
Specialized Turbo Levo has the temperature data for the motor and the battery in the Mission Control App 👌

Has anybody noticed how freaking noisy the Shimano E8000 is?

I was impressed when he zig zagged up that but when he said he was going to do a straight line up I thought "no chance" :eek: Amazing effort getting up that! I love descending but that would scare me big time:p

"I was happy with what I accomplished, legs turned to jelly, abs were burning and heart pounding out of my chest.

Man, that doesn't sound like a accomplishment to me, it sounds like something to avoid at all costs, especially out in the boonies!

Back