Help with hill climbing on trails

Bikes are what they can do. Some are fine but can't, for example do mountains. A 20-year old steel Stumpjummper, in tune, can do mountains without a motor.
I like what these bikes can do. Amazing!

We can't blame you for falling for the slick advertising photo, which makes the Alaska look like a mountain-goat-capable dirt cycle on steroids. It's happened to all of us at one time or another.

I mean, look at the helmet and the protective plating on that rider! 😂
🤣

All I am in total agreement with everyone on this thread. The Freesky Alaska is a terrific commuter bike, capable of long range, fast commuting, bike paths, road riding and can enjoy hard packed easy trails and grassy fields. It handles all those tasks wonderfully, and I have zero complaints. It is NOT a true Electric Mountain Bike and there is no amount of manipulation that is going to turn it into a true Mountain Bike. I am going to enjoy the junk out of it for what it is and what it is intended for and if I have a desire to do some more serious mountain biking, I am going to look to the true electric mountain bikes. Trek offers some e-mountain bikes in the $4K-$5K range as an entry into e-mountain biking. Thanks for all the advice and help...
This is the correct attitude.
When your ready to do some research, don't leave Norco off your list.

The bikes, and riders with those skills, could be a winning feature of an action movie (bad guys chasing ebike hero over all kinds of obstacles, etc.)

With Danny, it'd be a comedy. That's part of what makes him so awesome - a light hearted death defying adventure

It would be so cool to have a movie chase scene with highly skilled Parkour Ninja riders doing things like riding on tightropes and leaping from a roof parapet wall to another roof. Or riding up a Corvette as a ramp and jumping from car roof to car roof smashing them in jammed traffic. I love it.

1689278275705.jpeg

It would be so cool to have a movie chase scene with highly skilled Parkour Ninja riders doing things like riding on tightropes and leaping from a roof parapet wall to another roof. Or riding up a Corvette as a ramp and jumping from car roof to car roof smashing them in jammed traffic. I love it.

View attachment 158097
Perhaps a bit of urban freeriding then?

Back