Cute REI Bikepacking video with an e-bike

It is a happy video. I liked the HELP ME EBIKE bit. I guess I would have liked to see spots to plug the bike in for a recharge. Otherwise, I find myself thinking about doing that trail with the Gazelle.

Thanks for posting. We need HAPPY now.

It is a happy video. I liked the HELP ME EBIKE bit. I guess I would have liked to see spots to plug the bike in for a recharge. Otherwise, I find myself thinking about doing that trail with the Gazelle.

Thanks for posting. We need HAPPY now.
Thatś a great ride, many of the shots are out of order, but it covers the ground just the same. I´ve
ridden the ODT for more than a decade*, & it has vastly improved over the years. The Lake Crescent
section was pretty horrid the 1st time on a $30 technium mtb, but is now a bicycle freeway. There are
many sections that are on road with scant traffic. I´d strongly advise not riding the hwy section from
Discovery Bay to 4 corners rd. It´ś windy, steep, with heavy traffic & little to no shoulder. From 4 crnrs
it´s a 1/4 mile to the Larry Scott trail head section into Port Townsend. You can bus from Discovery Bay
to the transfer station a short distance from the Larry Scott trail.
(*maybe two)

Last edited:
I've ridden portions of that route and up Hurricane Ridge Rd. several times, as well as taking the ferry from Port Townsend to Whidbey Island and riding around there some on regular non-assist bikes. Not since the trail along Lake Crescent has been finished though. I was going to ride it this summer/fall but I was told Moro campground doesn't follow "no turn away" for bikers and a small motel in Forks that used to be less than $100/night was over $200/night when I checked. I'm not sure about camping on the beach.
I started watching that video, I'll try again later with the sound off, she was super irritating to listen to.

20190703_145158.jpg20190701_111053.jpg20190722_142021.jpg

I've ridden portions of that route and up Hurricane Ridge Rd. several times, as well as taking the ferry from Port Townsend to Whidbey Island and riding around there some on regular non-assist bikes. Not since the trail along Lake Crescent has been finished though. I was going to ride it this summer/fall but I was told Moro campground doesn't follow "no turn away" for bikers and a small motel in Forks that used to be less than $100/night was over $200/night when I checked. I'm not sure about camping on the beach.
I started watching that video, I'll try again later with the sound off, she was super irritating to listen to.

View attachment 105024View attachment 105025View attachment 105026
Lodging in Forks and around Lake Quinalt has gotten crazy expensive.

The Spruce Railroad trail is a real pleasure. Less of a pleasure is riding on the Juan De Fuca Highway to Joyce. Also, west of the Camp Creek Trailhead you have about a dozen miles of pleasant country road, with little traffic and long sight lines.

Back