Cruiser handlebars on Radwagon

Peter R.

My wife has a problem in her wrists and needs a more relaxed riding position than the stock Radwagon bars allow. I'm thinking cruiser bars or something like them. I have a butterfly bar kicking around but I can't get all the devices mounted due to space and ergonomic constraints. There are constraints caused by the space needed for controls and display and the wiring may not be long enough to reach the controls on the new bar.

Has anyone else done this modification?

Last edited:
My wife has a problem in her wrists and needs a more relaxed riding position than the stock Radwagon bars allow. I'm thinking cruiser bars or something like them. I have a butterfly bar kicking around but I can't get all the devices mounted due to space and ergonomic constraints. There are constraints caused by the space needed for controls and display and the wiring may not be long enough to reach the controls on the new bar.

Has anyone else done this modification?
I had the same problem with mi Electra Townie 8i, you have to be really careful about the space needed by the shifting gear control on the right side.
I had no problem with the wiring.

Before :
IMG_8590.jpg

After :
IMG_8781.jpg

@Dominique Séguier Did you buy different handle bars or did you just rotate the factory ones? I was surprised because I thought that the Townie handle bars were really nice for comfort and turning.

A customer that came into the store had installed a pair of Jones H bars on their RadWagon. The cables reached, however they were stressed. http://www.jonesbikes.com/h-bar-jones-loop-aluminium-710/
VERY cool bars despite the cables not being long enough.

I see maybe 50% of users adjusting their stem up to the highest position and the other half leaving it as it comes from the factory. We ship the RadWagon with the stem in a medium rise position since it protrudes too much for shipping if it is in the highest rise position.

Back