Cross Current S - Fenders and Rack

FMG III

Hi All,

Thinking about pulling the trigger and buying a Cross Current S real soon. Does anyone know if there are any issues with taking off / not installing the fenders and rear rack with the Cross Current S? I would like to ride without them...

Thanks in advance!

Thank you for the prompt reply. I just sent you an email with the same question at your website, so you can ignore that. :) Going to pull the trigger then and order one this weekend. Very excited! Thanks again!

Look what I just put together... Kinda badass looking I must say...

IMG_20180221_211259692.jpg

Nice :). I'm usually not a fan of black as a color for anything, but I think this bike looks best in black. The matte finish gives it a certain richness and depth.

The brushed aluminum looks great too, but the parts kind of clash with it. I ended up ordering the brushed because it didn't cost more on the 19ah version, and it's more visible.

Do you think frame color matters for visibility?

Do you think frame color matters for visibility?
I sure think so. However, IMO, a black frame is not a minus at all if we wear something bright.

Satin black is a favorite non-color of mine too!

Last edited:
FMG III, your new bikes seem to have an upgraded rear light than my 2nd prod. CCS that was built last July (received here 12/26).

Q: can you post up a close up of the new taillight? Here is mine for comparison:20180222_180348.jpg

Attachments

• 20180222_180256.jpg
    20180222_180256.jpg
    674 KB · Views: 674
Last edited:
FMG III, your new bikes seem to have an upgraded rear light than my 2nd prod. CCS that was built last July (received here 12/26).

Q: can you post up a close up of the new taillight? Here is mine for comparison:View attachment 20124

Reid attached is a photo of the rear light on my CCS that came in February.

Attachments

• IMG_20180222_200019441.jpg
    IMG_20180222_200019441.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 754
  • IMG_20180222_200631049.jpg
    IMG_20180222_200631049.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 687
Reid attached is a photo of the rear light on my CCS that came in February.
Aha! Rob, you have a "star union" branded light. I feel so last year now with my "lineo" that is a mere line of LED light.

I should'a have waited longer for the better taillight, grin!

Mine is a little beat up. Amazingly, until I applied tape it would pop off when jumping a curb some of the time, despite that it is so firmly clipped to itself I cannot see how mere shock could cause it to go flying. But fly it will do, if not taped on both ends. Yet, it is the very devil to unclip to change the two AA batteries!

Last edited:
Aha! Rob, you have a "star union" branded light. I feel so last year now with my "lineo" that is a mere line of LED light.

I should'a have waited longer for the better taillight, grin!

Mine is a little beat up. Amazingly, until I applied tape it would pop off when jumping a curb some of the time, despite that it is so firmly clipped to itself I cannot see how mere shock could cause it to go flying. But fly it will do, if not taped on both ends. Yet, it is the very devil to unclip to change the two AA batteries!

What is that green little button on yours? Next to the power button?

My CCS came with dead AAAs in the light so I had to remove it right away, just used a ratchet drive wrench with the proper correct fitting and slowly get it off between the bars on the rack.

Juiced sent me a video on how to remove it from behind by just using a flat head screw driver, but I feel as if I'd gouge the fender.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ympo6k8dlmtvu1s/IMG_2415.MOV?dl=0

What is that green little button on yours? Next to the power button?

My CCS came with dead AAAs in the light so I had to remove it right away, just used a ratchet drive wrench with the proper correct fitting and slowly get it off between the bars on the rack.

Juiced sent me a video on how to remove it from behind by just using a flat head screw driver, but I feel as if I'd gouge the fender.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ympo6k8dlmtvu1s/IMG_2415.MOV?dl=0
Cool. Well, what looks like a green button is a low-battery telltale. It blinks when the battery gets at all weak.

The tail light fell off my brand new CCS during my second ride on a smooth road. I Am looking for alternatives before I spend 20 bucks to replace.

Back