Creo Tire Pump

mmwada

Has anyone mounted a mini tire pump on the bottle cage mount? I have several pumps and non of them fit. Either the mounting bracket is wrong (curved) or the pump hits the frame. It seems the down tube is too wide and the seat tube mounting is too low. I did have a pump mounted on another bike on a wide down tube and the pump ended up scratching the paint since part of the pump was against the frame. I don't want to do this to this new bike at this time. I also don't want to use CO2 cartridges. Presently, I am using a backpack but once I did forget my backpack with the pump in it. My saddle bag has a 6 inch depth so most pumps will not fit in there. If you know of a pump that you have mounted on your bike, could you provide a link for that pump? Thank you.

Had the same issues with mounting a pump on a Creo. I wound up carrying it in a jersey pocket. My 7" pump seems pretty secure there, though I'd rather mount on the frame.

Both sets of bosses on Creo are intended to either mount water-bottle-cages or install the Range Extender on the seat-tube bosses.
I wound up carrying it in a jersey pocket
The gravel cyclists I often ride with use similar bosses strictly for water bottles on their traditional gravel bikes, and all of them carry mini-pumps in the back pockets of their jerseys.

I bought this for my Creo, and it works perfectly. It holds both the bottle cage and the pump holder.

I bought this for my Creo, and it works perfectly. It holds both the bottle cage and the pump holder.
Thanks, that looks like a viable solution. I am assuming there is no interference concerns when mounting shoe into pedal? I was wondering if you could post a few pictures of pump and water bottle on bracket? Might even make removing the water bottle easier.

I can’t get a picture now, as I’m not home. I installed it so the bottle holder is in its normal (centered) position, and the pump is shifted to the right. It’s not in my way at all.

I suppose you could try moving the bottle cage to the right, but I think that would be in the way. I didn’t try it.

Edit: It occurred to me that you might be able to shift both slightly off center. I’ll play with it when I get home to see if that works.

Thanks to RayRay.

Attachments

• IMG_6660.jpeg
    IMG_6660.jpeg
    169 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_6663.jpeg
    IMG_6663.jpeg
    235.8 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_6666.jpeg
    IMG_6666.jpeg
    203.6 KB · Views: 146
Well, that was fast! I still owed you a picture.
Amazon had the item at the same price along with overnight shipping. No problem with the picture. I was confident that it would work for me but just wanted the extra assurance with a picture. Thanks again. I would never have thought of this and would still be struggling finding a pump that might work.

@mmwada any issue with the water bottle being offcentered with this mount? It doesn't stick out too far to interfere with legs, does it?

BTW - could someone tell me the circumference of the Creo downtube? I don't yet have my Creo but want to get some paint protection film ordered in an appropriate width for the downtube. Thanks!

The best pump I have found to take on rides is SKS Airboy XL. This pump is 7" and fits easy in a pocket, but does also come with frame mount for cage mounting. The main advantage of this pump is 2 air chambers. The pump is effectively in 2 halves, each half being a compression chamber. Goes up to 80psi in large volume, prefect for my tubeless. Clever design the work really well

@mmwada any issue with the water bottle being offcentered with this mount? It doesn't stick out too far to interfere with legs, does it?

BTW - could someone tell me the circumference of the Creo downtube? I don't yet have my Creo but want to get some paint protection film ordered in an appropriate width for the downtube. Thanks!
Sorry but I missed the question and might be too late for a reply. I have the water bottle cage off center and there is no interference at all. I have a medium frame so it also makes removing the water bottle easier. I believe it is setup where the top of the water bottle is at a slight angle out from the bottom.

@mmwada no worries, I've not had a lot of time to think about pumps and such yet. Carrying an extra CO2 cartridge for now.

The offset mount - I presume something like the B-RAD Bottle Shift - makes sense and I'll likely give it a try.

Last edited:
I very seldom have experienced a flat tire and so I take two CO2 cartridges for flats. I know I am going to need to deflate the tubes when I get home and use a floor pump to re-inflate them but that is not a big deal. If I was doing a multi-day tours with no sag wagon it would be a different matter.

Back