Creo SL Comp Carbon EVO vs SL Comp Carbon?

This fellow said he's using a 50T.

I would think your bike is new enough that you should be able to take it back to the shop and have them diagnose it and fix it under warranty. How long have you had your bike?
I've had her for about a month. So far I think its still a pending investigation. I've already had to replace the brake pads. Not sure what happened but they sounded like I was calling geese.

RE: Brake squealing: Disc brakes are less likely to squeak if they are broken in. If they get too hot the pads can get a glaze on the surface that causes the squeaking. The pads can be taken off and sanded lightly with fine sandpaper to get the glaze off. Avoid getting grease, including fingerprints on the rotor and pads. The rotors can be cleaned with alcohol. There are Youtube videos on how to do this maintenance.

There may be more than one way to break in brakes, but I go about walking speed and stop the bike (not slamming on brakes, but a lighter application of the brake lever). Repeat this about 10-20 times, without overheating the brakes. This leaves a coating of the brake pad on the rotor. Some people also spray water on the rotor to create a slurry. Dry or wet, the purpose of the break in is to fill the pores on the rotor with pad material. Over cooking the brakes on long down hills can glaze the pads, but this will be less with break in.

Back