Creo and chainring/cassette configurations

In case you're not aware, the 2022 Creo SL Expert (which I acquired just 1 week ago) comes with a SRAM eTap setup, SRAM X-SYNC, 46T x1 at the front and SRAM XPLR, XG-1251, 12-speed, 10-44t cassette. Seems to give a pretty good range for a x1. It's hard to find the specs for the 2022 model on the web for some reason.

In case you're not aware, the 2022 Creo SL Expert (which I acquired just 1 week ago) comes with a SRAM eTap setup, SRAM X-SYNC, 46T x1 at the front and SRAM XPLR, XG-1251, 12-speed, 10-44t cassette. Seems to give a pretty good range for a x1. It's hard to find the specs for the 2022 model on the web for some reason.
that’s good info! should be a great range with lots of top end. interesting that they went 10-44 instead of the 10-50 which the s-works version comes with. are all 12 speed SRAM cassettes interchangeable?

They appear to have mixed it up a bit with Eagle on high-end EVO and XPLR on road.

I have swapped my Creo to an e-Thirteen 9 to 34 cassette, which fits on a XD driver. The front ring uses standard 110BCD, so I swapped this for 38T. I have better gears that the original, but at a massive weight saving. I not a fan of Praxis ring, so swapped to Absolute Black. The front rings with 110BCD are dead easy to find if you search for other brands. The E-thirteen cassette is available in 9-34 and 9-39
Hi, What xd driver model did you used?

Hi, What xd driver model did you used?
The standard XD driver that came with my wheel hubs, not XDR. I have used both Newmen (my current wheels) and DT Swiss (spare rear) with XD no issue. XD is is mainly for 11 speed and some 12. XDR is a road format and mainly 12 speed I understand

I went with the Garbaruk long cage and pullys for the Shimano GRX with the eThirteen 9-46 cassette and it's super dope! It's so fast and can climb anything. Really happy with it. Nice work Garbaruk!

IMG_2576.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2575.jpeg
    IMG_2575.jpeg
    612.7 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_2574.jpeg
    IMG_2574.jpeg
    715.6 KB · Views: 185
On my Creo, I have the stock 46 chainring up front and an 11-speed 11-36 cassette. I’d like just a little more range in both directions, like a 10-38 cassette if those existed, but they don’t. What’s your suggestion?

On my Creo, I have the stock 46 chainring up front and an 11-speed 11-36 cassette. I’d like just a little more range in both directions, like a 10-38 cassette if those existed, but they don’t. What’s your suggestion?
go to an 11-46 cassette with a 4 tooth larger chain ring. It will get you more speed in the top gear and keep your climbing power in the bottom one and your XG driver hub and won't have to replace the hub to accommodate a 10 tooth..

go to an 11-46 cassette with a 4 tooth larger chain ring. It will get you more speed in the top gear and keep your climbing power in the bottom one and your XG driver hub and won't have to replace the hub to accommodate a 10 tooth..
i don’t think the RD will handle a 46. but if it does, definitely a good approach!!

i don’t think the RD will handle a 46. but if it does, definitely a good approach!!
Not sure on that. My Cannondale topstone Neo carbon 3 came with a 44 tooth chain ring and a 11-40 cassette. I went to 48 tooth and dropped my cadence at 25 mph from 94 to 82 and retained good climbing ability. It took a great bike and made it better.

Not sure on that. My Cannondale topstone Neo carbon 3 came with a 44 tooth chain ring and a 11-40 cassette. I went to 48 tooth and dropped my cadence at 25 mph from 94 to 82 and retained good climbing ability. It took a great bike and made it better.
depends what RD he has - i think i recall that he changed to one of the SRAM eTap ones, but i don’t know which!

depends what RD he has - i think i recall that he changed to one of the SRAM eTap ones, but i don’t know which!
I know the Shimano GRX has sufficient B screw adjustment to accommodate a 46 tooth cog even though its specs say the max is 42. This was done without the use of a wolf tooth goat link and did not even require a longer chain! Whether the same can be done with the Sram etap, I have no idea.

So let’s see. I now range ratios from 2.6 to 8.4.
If I go 48, 11-40, that widens me to 2.4 to 8.8. I’m not sure what driver I have, but as long as that is changeable, I should be good to go with this! Also I’m Shimano on this bike.

So let’s see. I now range ratios from 2.6 to 8.4.
If I go 48, 11-40, that widens me to 2.4 to 8.8. I’m not sure what driver I have, but as long as that is changeable, I should be good to go with this! Also I’m Shimano on this bike.
which rear derailleur do you have?

I have the Creo Expert with Ultegra Di2 and the standard 46T chainring. I switched to a 11-46 rear cassette using the same chain length. I have the Wolftooth adapter but did not need to use it.

I have the Creo Expert with Ultegra Di2 and the standard 46T chainring. I switched to a 11-46 rear cassette using the same chain length. I have the Wolftooth adapter but did not need to use it.
nice! i made my chain shorter when i went to the 10-42 and 42t, i wonder if i didn’t need to.

I currently use the SRAM XXO 11 speed 10 to 42, paired with Garbaruk front chain ring at 42. This gives me a a great range and that 1 to 1 climbing gear. The XXO cassette is expensive but light at 270g. When compared to other cassettes, it is one of the lightest on the market and shifting is sweet as. Derailleur wise, I am on GRX Di2, which will fit 42 with ease. I do also have a Garbaruk cage for my GRX, so could swap up to a 50 if I wanted.

Back