Creo 1 wheel upgrade questions.

JimiC

I've been wanting to upgrade the DT Swiss R470 wheels on my Creo Comp Carbon, and I've seen a few different posts from those who have upgraded to Roval Terra C, R38, etc. I notice that my stock hubs are 12x110 front and 12x148 rear. Most of the replacements referenced are 12x100 and 12x142. Is there some sort of spacer required going to smaller hubs, or is the difference small enough that the dropouts and forks flex/adjust?

I've been wanting to upgrade the DT Swiss R470 wheels on my Creo Comp Carbon, and I've seen a few different posts from those who have upgraded to Roval Terra C, R38, etc. I notice that my stock hubs are 12x110 front and 12x148 rear. Most of the replacements referenced are 12x100 and 12x142. Is there some sort of spacer required going to smaller hubs, or is the difference small enough that the dropouts and forks flex/adjust?
An adapter is required to make the hubs fit correctly. There is no flexing or adjustment of frame or forks. Most use DT Swiss hubs. Boost hub spacing one of the features of the Creo 1 I do not like.

I used MTB boost wheels. The back is the same size at 12 x 148mm. The front is 15 x 110, so I used a 15 to 12mm reducer sleeve to fit Creo 1. I did 6000 miles on these with zero issues. I got a set of Newmen Advanced that only weighed 1350g for the pair and they were excellent.

Back