Creo SL Comp upgrade to Carbon wheelset

Thanks for the confirmation/reply. I actually bought the speed magnet (it was very inexpensive) in anticipation of buying an extra set of wheels some time in the future. No wait for me! ;)
funny, i did the same long before i upgraded wheels!

I used the one from the stock wheels since the speed magnet was on back order. I’ve since decided to stick with one set since I’m not really into gravel, I like smooth roads. I’d like to sell the stock wheels but I’m not sure who could use a boost wheelset.

I used the one from the stock wheels since the speed magnet was on back order. I’ve since decided to stick with one set since I’m not really into gravel, I like smooth roads. I’d like to sell the stock wheels but I’m not sure who could use a boost wheelset.
How much would you sell them for?

I’d consider any reasonable offer, but not sure where I’d have to ship it, I live in Florida.

I’d consider any reasonable offer, but not sure where I’d have to ship it, I live in Florida.
There's no such thing as an undefined "reasonable offer" since, well, it's parameters are not defined. So, for instance, what is the mileage on the wheels? Can you send me a photo via email (hmiller at optonline dot net). I'm in New York on Long Island.

Mike's Bikes has a limited selection of Roval wheels that they're clearing out at 25% off, since they're no longer a Specialized dealer. That includes the Terra CLX that fits the Creo with road boost spacing. This is the wheelset that comes stock on the S-Works Creo SL Evo. Roval doesn't go on sale often, this looks like a good deal on some really good wheels.

Last edited:
Greetings, I’m a new member so excuse my first post in case this has already been discussed. I have a Creo Turbo carbon comp which I’m in the process of modifying to better suit my riding and location. I’m in North Florida so I don’t encounter any climbing to speak of and I’ve found the stock cassette and chainring to offer inadequate gear ratios. I will swap in an Ultegra 11-32 and Wolftooth 50 ring instead. Those ratios will be closer to what I ride on my analog Colnago so I can better compare heart rate, effort etc. bike to bike. I’ve rarely used anything other than the Eco mode but find I spend most of the time on the smallest 3 cassette cogs. I’ve also purchased the turbo remote control, and will do the entire makeover once I purchase the Roval Terra carbon wheels as described above. My question is this: has anyone (maybe mschwett above?) who has swapped out the stock wheels done anything with them such as converting them to occasional gravel use with fatter tires? Sold them? Not sure what bikes could use the boost hubs. Just looking for ideas or suggestion. Thanks so much.
I got a Specialized Traverse 27.5 alloy Wheelset with WTB 650B x 47C Sendero knobby tires. I believe Specialized also makes a carbon version of this Wheelset.

Attachments

• tempImagebXxwcF.png
    tempImagebXxwcF.png
    6.2 MB · Views: 207
On Paper the front hub is damn awkward to fine as so few bike use the 110 x 12 standard. However, but using a simple sleeve to reduce from 15mm to 12mm means you can use MTB 29er boost wheel. I have a set on mine and down thousands of miles on then with zero issues.

"simple sleeve to reduce from 15mm to 12mm"
can you share and post some pics on this.

"simple sleeve to reduce from 15mm to 12mm"
can you share and post some pics on this.
I use something like this. It is 100mm rather than 110mm, but this is not an issue and works well for me. Must have done 3000 miles or so on it

Attachments

• 51fybWGYFyL._AC_SL1100_.jpg
    51fybWGYFyL._AC_SL1100_.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 166
Back