Cost-Benefit Comparison: Google SpreadSheet for eBikes

I think the issue, Mike, is that you start multiple threads, in which it appears no one else is interested in the topic but you, and then you commence talking to yourself with post after post after post. That's not against the TOS, as far as I know, but it seems kind of weird and perhaps pointless to be creating new threads when the only replies are you replying to yourself. But hey, that's me, and perhaps I'm in the minority.
The reason is due to the RSS format limitations. I am trying present information in table of contents, Wikipedia-like format. I am trying to present information about a subject, not just a single thought. I outline a subject and fill it in as time permits.

My message is intended more for eBike manufactures, than any particular individual. I am not expecting much response. It seems the manufacturers simply use the site to introduce a new product, but do not use it very much for interacting with potential customers. I just happened to get a response from a Focus Feb 9 (two weeks ago) post, at the very moment i responded to this post.

I had done all this analysis long before I joined the forum. I rebuilt cars in high school. Motors, electrical systems and especially hardware/software (I.e., firmware) is my comfort zone/profession.

Should I simply state the above to make the intent crystal clear? I had stated this in one of my original posts. I will find it and add it here the next time I come across it.

Last edited:
Ah, bike manufacturers.

Well then you'd probably have better success either going direct to interact with the manufacturers you want to reach, reaching out through an ebike manufacturing consortium, or creating a blog yourself, all focused on these issues you want to bring to the manufacturer's attention, and then reach out to them directly to have them read what you wrote.

The visits here are more from local bike shop owners, with a few manufacturer reps checking in every once in awhile, but not every day or even every month. You need to reach the bike engineers, not the sales person or a customer service person who is a rep for an ebike company. They aren't your target audience, as your interests are focused on the technology, and that starts further back on the food chain, as the bikes are being designed.

I have contacted the companies directly. I do not care if it takes a long time for a response from the manufacturers. I get better results here. My suggestion is for people to ignore my posts by using the site tools to filter me out. I do get very positive feedback from some people.

A site like this is a public resource. Like any public resource, many different interests are served. Some Interests may even be in conflict. But like a public park, we can all get along peacefully by minding our own business.

Peace.

As you wish. You said you were curious what the reaction was and why and I attempted to explain it to you.

Peace out.
Thank you. It was helpful. The response was not directed at you.

I think some statements that were poorly articulated or egregious. Their self-interests become obvious after reading a history of their posts and examining their associations. The pieces of the puzzle fall together rather quickly.

Last edited:
I come here to read and engage with others. This is a low-volume forum with (mostly) important content that I want to read, since my family rides three new e-bikes from three different manufacturers almost every day, snow or shine.

Your posts are interesting, until there are more of them than everyone else combined, across countless sub-forums.

Rather than spraying out all your ideas and preferences across the whole site and hoping that some bike engineers come around and see the light one day in the theoretical future, maybe you could move all of your posts to one thread or one sub-forum and apply some flow control to the conversations that the rest of us were having before you came around.

I hope you take this the right way. A ton of us are geeks on this forum and appreciate your technical proclivities, but we want a balanced community more than we want to be overwhelmed with reading your thoughts. Most other forums would have moderated you into oblivion by now -- Court is too nice a guy.

I come here to read and engage with others. This is a low-volume forum with (mostly) important content that I want to read, since my family rides three new e-bikes from three different manufacturers almost every day, snow or shine.

Your posts are interesting, until there are more of them than everyone else combined, across countless sub-forums.

Rather than spraying out all your ideas and preferences across the whole site and hoping that some bike engineers come around and see the light one day in the theoretical future, maybe you could move all of your posts to one thread or one sub-forum and apply some flow control to the conversations that the rest of us were having before you came around.

I hope you take this the right way. A ton of us are geeks on this forum and appreciate your technical proclivities, but we want a balanced community more than we want to be overwhelmed with reading your thoughts. Most other forums would have moderated you into oblivion by now -- Court is too nice a guy.
I will work on a solution. Perhaps the search filter tools can give me some perspective. Do you know of a site that is better suited for me?

Would you mind pointing me to threads about your 3 bikes? I would like to know how they mesh with your daily life. I want to replace car with bike transportaion as much as feasible.

Last edited:
Back