Correcting Odometer Error on Das-Kit C7 (Metro)

Jim U

Hello all. This is first post. And also first e-bike. I must say, I love this Magnum Metro. Exceeds my expectations. However, the trip odometer is a whopping 4.5% off. A known 9-mile route racks up 9.4 miles. That's a mile in 27! I used to have a bike computer on a pedal bike, either Cat-Eye or Specialized, that allowed me to fine tune the accuracy of the odometer by tweaking a mm or two out of hundreds for the tire circumference. I found my way into the configs, and only see a couple of tire widths for a 26-inch tire. I think a 210 (original), and a 195. I assume it is for 2.1 inch and 1.95 inch. My question is, is there a way into a parameter to fine-tune the odometer accuracy? Although I love the C7 display, the accuracy is horrendous. Thanks.

I have the C-7 on my UI6, but never messed around with the tire size. So, can’t help you with that. I do know tire pressure effects it, as well as weight (tire compresses more). I also know that nothing is 100% accurate. Even the gps on my phone and Garmin seldom match.

Thanks Figs. I learned on tonight's ride that the tire pressure does indeed have a few 10ths of a mile difference over 10 miles. I changed the C7's tire selection a couple nights ago from a 26x2.10" to the only other 26 choice of 26x1.95 and that brought it almost dead nuts on. Then I brought tire pressure up tonight before ride from 35 to 48 psi, and the new tire choice that was almost perfect, registered 3 tenths lower again. Originally the 26x2.10 selection read 3 or 4 tenths of a mile higher than actual. So I learned that more pressure racks up less miles. So tomorrow's ride will be on the original setting of 26x210 (Schwalbe Big Ben tire is actually 26x2.15), but I will pressurize closer to the max pressure of 55 psi. I miss being able to tune the roll-out number, one mm at a time on prior bike computer, to dead on accurate. Dont know how to access that level on the Metro's C7. Thanks for taking time to reply.

Sounds like it will work out. I rum my Big Bens around 45-48 psi, ride is a little rougher, but there is also less rolling resistance.

Back