Converting my 29 RX to a commuter bike (need Fenders, kickstand, etc.)

Tomer

Hi there!

I have the 2015 Haibike Xduro 29 RX, and would like to use it to commute to work (about 10 miles each way).

Did anyone do that? On my list are the following:
- Fenders
- Kickstand
- Lights
- Lock
- Rack

I should be able to install all of them by myself, but don't know what to order.

Tips on any of those would be highly welcome!

Tomer, welcome to the group. Sounds like you have a great bike that should serve you well on that commute, once it's properly equipped.

Here's my suggestion: Consider viewing the very recent interview that this website's creator (Court Rye) did with his Uncle, which is available on Youtube here:

Greg Rye lives in Loveland, CO...which if you aren't familiar with it, is one of the more challenging locations for a biker to commute to work. His bike isn't that dissimilar from yours and I found this interview to be very helpful in understanding what's involved in adapting a MTB to a commuter and then using it for that purpose plus recreational trail riding for 4,000 miles. From accessories Greg has ended up with to the wear & tear he has experienced while commuting, I found it one of the most informative videos that Court has created. Good luck to you!

Back