Color display incorrect battery reading

bruceredding

I got color display on Fat Bear. It shows 100% during the entire ride. When the battery is charged, it shows single or low double digit battery life after a full charge, and then slowly returns to 100% as I ride and stays there. Customer support said change voltage to 48v. But that didn't fix anything.

I find the battery display inaccurate for use. The only thing I know is the 48V battery with 11 amps converts to 500ish watts per hour. With a 500 watt motor, this means you can use the throttle for about an hour before the battery dies. With that said, the bike supposedly has power regenerative features and may extend the battery further.

I am considering picking up a battery reader to gauge the battery life to get an idea of the max distance I can get on this bike.

I find the battery display inaccurate for use. The only thing I know is the 48V battery with 11 amps converts to 500ish watts per hour. With a 500 watt motor, this means you can use the throttle for about an hour before the battery dies. With that said, the bike supposedly has power regenerative features and may extend the battery further.

I am considering picking up a battery reader to gauge the battery life to get an idea of the max distance I can get on this bike.
Mine only showed regenerative charging one time when coasting down a hill at 35mph. The bike suddenly slowed down (like downshift in a car), and the display showed red watts with a minus sign on the right side, verus green on the left. Thanks for the info!

Mine only showed regenerative charging one time when coasting down a hill at 35mph. The bike suddenly slowed down (like downshift in a car), and the display showed red watts with a minus sign on the right side, verus green on the left. Thanks for the info!

Make sure you change wheel size to 20". The speedometer reads the wrong speed otherwise.

Back