Code 03

AtlantaRider

Anyone know of a place to get the emotion bikes worked on in Atlanta Ga that knows what they are doing. My bike was n so called shop for 2 months basically replaced everything, even new motor. 3rd time out on bike since I got it back and died at 10 miles. 03 code. I’ve checked all connections still 03 code.
Any suggestions???
Thanks

Probably too late for you but others looking at this thread might be interested in my experience of this problem...

I had a similar problem with mine (Evo City) and I resolved it by removing and cleaning the torque sensor, then reinstalling it and adjusting the 2 screws to the correct torque setting (1Nm I think - I just used a cordless drill for this on it's weakest setting - number 1 - basically just a light snug tighten with a screwdriver!). I did have the problem reoccur a couple of times since and resolved it by wiping the plate between the torque sensor and the chain with a dry cloth (no need to remove wheel or sensor!). It seems to be sensitive to certain types of residue on that plate. For example, a chain wax I had tried caused it to completely stop working once a bit of it accumulated on the plate!

There's a manual here with some hit-and-miss info about repairing the torque sensor (on my bike, the 2 screws that need adjusting are unfortunately not exposed - you need to take the wheel off and the sensor out).

One more tip about that manual: there is a lot of emphasis on measuring the voltage from the torque sensor. I gave up trying to do that. I couldn't find any part of the wires exposed where a voltage reading could be taken. Also I assume, this voltage needs to be checked with battery and everything else in place, including the torque sensor itself (which seems practically impossible - maybe it's only possible with the BH diagnostic tool).

I am in Atlanta with Velofix looking at my multiple errors, no 03 , plenty of 05, 13, 09 and one with no info 17. They are/ have written to BH lat week , no response yet....who in Atlanta is a Bh dealer /repair site. I finalize my move at the end of the month , the bike is currently at our house near the Silver Streak trail

We have an EVO Street with the same code, but only if you sit on the bike. Torque sensor bolts were loose, so I snugged them up, and now the code is permanent.

The link to the manual above is broken. BH left the North American market recently, which is why nobody can get ahold of them.

We have an EVO Street with the same code, but only if you sit on the bike. Torque sensor bolts were loose, so I snugged them up, and now the code is permanent.

The link to the manual above is broken. BH left the North American market recently, which is why nobody can get ahold of them.
Screenshot_20200618-172341_Gallery.jpg

The screws for the torque sensor have to be precisely adjusted with a torque wrench. The three M6 (left box) are relatively easy enough to torque with an average torque wrench to 10nm. The two M3 (right box) have to be adjusted with a specialty torque wrench to 1nm. I have several good torque wrenches and none of them measures down to 1nm.

View attachment 56018
The screws for the torque sensor have to be precisely adjusted with a torque wrench. The three M6 (left box) are relatively easy enough to torque with an average torque wrench to 10nm. The two M3 (right box) have to be adjusted with a specialty torque wrench to 1nm. I have several good torque wrenches and none of them measures down to 1nm.
The sensor on the bike I'm working on doesn't show the two M3 bolts. This Street is the newest one with the center screen. Torqued the 3 M6 bolts to 10 nm but still have Error 3.

Got a City Pro in with the same issue, although it takes a couple miles to do it. It also doesn't appear to have the two M3 bolts.

How often do these sensors just outright fail? Any other tricks to make them work when torquing the bolts doesn't fix it?

Got a City Pro in with the same issue, although it takes a couple miles to do it. It also doesn't appear to have the two M3 bolts.

How often do these sensors just outright fail? Any other tricks to make them work when torquing the bolts doesn't fix it?
There must be adjustment screws for the torque sensor somewhere? This is probably just the start of people in search of help for issues with BH bikes, now they left the North American market.

Great bikes, now somewhat orphaned.

There must be adjustment screws for the torque sensor somewhere? This is probably just the start of people in search of help for issues with BH bikes, now they left the North American market.

Great bikes, now somewhat orphaned.
I’ll look again. Agree, not bad bikes, but they are starting to be a problem. Got these two with error 3, a pair of Atom X mountain bikes that have been an absolute nightmare, aging batteries, and we’re up to 5 failed/flakey DC-DC light converters (all in the last 7 months).

Found them. On these newer EVO bikes, the torque sensor must be removed to access the smaller screws. On the Street, they were both a few threads loose, so I ran them back in and just barely snugged them (Torque wrench was useless, as it’s own weight would apply more than 1 nm). This fixed the Street.

The EVO City Pro has a pair of Torx screws in a different spot that I backed out and re-snugged. Not sure if this one is fixed yet.

Found them. On these newer EVO bikes, the torque sensor must be removed to access the smaller screws. On the Street, they were both a few threads loose, so I ran them back in and just barely snugged them (Torque wrench was useless, as it’s own weight would apply more than 1 nm). This fixed the Street.

The EVO City Pro has a pair of Torx screws in a different spot that I backed out and re-snugged. Not sure if this one is fixed yet.
Good for you! Yeah, 1 NM is just barely snug I'd imagine. Fingers crossed on bike 2.

We’ve now had almost 10 bikes come in with the same issue. take the sensor off, loosen the two bolts, snug them back up, reinstall. The one bike I torqued to spec came back, the rest I’ve done just by feel (basically a light turn until it stops) have all been good.

Back