Longshot: RAL color codes for red R&M frame enamel?

etchlings

Continuum Onyx Cytronex e-Mod, R&M Nevo Automatiq
Region
USA
I’ve asked Propel and Curbside Cycle about this, both NA R&M shops and couldn’t get a definite answer.

Does anyone know the RAL codes for Dynamic Red Metallic and Black Matt enamel paint on the R&M bikes? Or how to find out when official shops can’t or won’t furnish the info?

R&M can’t mail touch up paint, due to customs restrictions on hazardous materials (and must not think it worthwhile to organize the forms they could use to get the paint through internationally since sales would be low).

I’ve asked Propel and Curbside Cycle about this, both NA R&M shops and couldn’t get a definite answer.

Does anyone know the RAL codes for Dynamic Red Metallic and Black Matt enamel paint on the R&M bikes? Or how to find out when official shops can’t or won’t furnish the info?

R&M can’t mail touch up paint, due to customs restrictions on hazardous materials (and must not think it worthwhile to organize the forms they could use to get the paint through internationally since sales would be low).

We had a Multicharger that just arrived with some bumps and bruises. I just asked this question to R&M direct and will keep you posted with their reply.

Official word is no color code is available. Should someone want touch up paint a body shop should be able to match the color and mix up a bottle for touch up.
Yeah, that’s what I’m afraid of. Thank you so much for getting back on this. I would presume a body shop is going to need the whole bike to do that. Either to scan or eyeball it with swatches. Never done that before for a car, so I don’t quite know how it works.

Sigh. What a frustrating and wildly inefficient cop out by R&M for their US customers. While Canada can get factory touch up paints, AFAIK.

Yeah, that’s what I’m afraid of. Thank you so much for getting back on this. I would presume a body shop is going to need the whole bike to do that. Either to scan or eyeball it with swatches. Never done that before for a car, so I don’t quite know how it works.

Sigh. What a frustrating and wildly inefficient cop out by R&M for their US customers. While Canada can get factory touch up paints, AFAIK.
It's not R&M's fault, it's the hazmat status of shipping paint in the US. BMW, Ducati, Triumph, and other high end moto companies don't sell touch up paint either.

It's not R&M's fault, it's the hazmat status of shipping paint in the US. BMW, Ducati, Triumph, and other high end moto companies don't sell touch up paint either.
Sure, and that’s a customs issue. But there’s ways to properly and legally ship hazardous materials. Art suppliers do it all the time. So someone is making that calculation that it’s not profitable or is too inconvenient to do so. Which I get. Red tape can be a huge hassle. At that point though, a company should have a RAL code on file for all their colors so they can be made locally as needed. It seems R&M doesn’t have those codes for their colors though.

Back