Christini 104 BCD Adapter and RaceFace Narrow Wide Chainring

Not to beat this thing to death but I was reading on another thread that Pushkar and Innotrace are marketing a model in Europe ( probably Germany ) by the name of Black Forest Bikes X3 Carbon E-Bike X3 and it lists the rear drop-out for that bike in the 27.5" size as indeed Boost at 148mm so there ya go.
Greeno, if I was young again and my brain still worked OK ... I would want to hang out with you just to absorb some small part of your bikeology genius. 👍 :p

Interesting. I guess this might be one reason to choose the fat 197mm rear triangle for those who want to run a small chainring for steep hillclimbs.

Just an FYI if you get the larger 197mm rear end will probably come with a larger offset outward spider mounted on the motor, because of the farther distance to align the chainline better. Otherwise running the narrower offset spider you wouldn't be able to use your outer lowest gears, too far to travel.

Last edited:
Not sure about the fat bike but this adapter will work, it just needs a larger chain ring than a 38T. With the ring mounted outboard you have plenty of clearance for the swing arm/chainstay. However the chainline is off and you can’t use the last four rings on the cassette without the chain being way out of line. Move the 38T inboard, closer to the frame, and the chainline is fine but the chain hits the swingarm/chainstay right at the pivot point. The larger, ie taller, 44T ring solves this problem. Once I get the 44T 104BCD front ring and install it I’ll either start a new post or update this one showing the results.

Not sure about the fat bike but this adapter will work, it just needs a larger chain ring than a 38T. With the ring mounted outboard you have plenty of clearance for the swing arm/chainstay. However the chainline is off and you can’t use the last four rings on the cassette without the chain being way out of line. Move the 38T inboard, closer to the frame, and the chainline is fine but the chain hits the swingarm/chainstay right at the pivot point. The larger, ie taller, 44T ring solves this problem. Once I get the 44T 104BCD front ring and install it I’ll either start a new post or update this one showing the results.
And your verdict? Are you still using it?

Back