Chili Verde

I have a significantly different picture from my ride today.

View attachment 116179

That's Dale, @Prairie Dog 's brother in law.
We rode in some interesting conditions with some lovely winds (often gusting over 50km/h)...

I suppose that could be considered spicy, so we're on subject. :cool:
I was wondering why the car was not full of bullet holes so checked your location and that explains it. For some reason, in this country to the south of you, people like to stop and shoot abandoned cars. I actually saw this happen and the shooter was standing so close, that it took no skill even with his handgun. The car slowly was destroyed by shooters until after a few years, I think it was finally hauled away.

I started the WWIII thread because I don't have a dog in the Chile Verde fight. Then I noticed there were 20 pages of posts presumably discussing the merits of canned or fire-roasted. Odd. So I took a look. A-HA!! There's where all the kids went to play armchair battleship! Meanwhile, my thread has veered off into the merits of McDonalds - an oxymoron if you ask me, but anyhoo... 'Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй'

Tonight's supper feature is grilled steak fajitas w/ garlic, onion, tomato, lime, avocado, cumin, coriander, and homemade sour cream.

A side of mexican yellow rice with tomato and bell peppers and cayenne peppers ( peppers grown in the indoor hydroponic gardens pictured below) , salad, and local beer.

The cayennes are amazing.
20220309_170941.jpg
Two little bushes that would both fit in a bike basket , freeze well, and keep us in hot peppers for a year.

There's where all the kids went
@ChezCheese:) Welcome. The green room was shut down, so we started Chilly & Green (Chili Verdi) to discuss things such as global warming, electric vehicles, fossil fuels, and climate change, but launched it under the cover of food and beer for a few days to doge the trolls. It has been wide ranging, fun, and interesting. At times very sad. The photo below is just silly. It is the dog in the fight for coral.
1646869105187.jpeg

@Catalyzt, I am glad you gave the 3 by 4 drivetrain analogy for 12 step programs a like. That means a lot to me.
When I don't ride I become restless, irritable and discontent. When I do, Ahh, serenity. My rides become longer and longer and more frequent. I start to miss out on other important aspects of life such as yelling at the TV, becoming obsessed with electric bikes and riding them. I admit that I have a problem.

@Catalyzt, I am glad you gave the 3 by 4 drivetrain analogy for 12 step programs a like. That means a lot to me.
When I don't ride I become restless, irritable and discontent. When I do, Ahh, serenity. My rides become longer and longer and more frequent. I start to miss out on other important aspects of life such as yelling at the TV, becoming obsessed with electric bikes and riding them. I admit that I have a problem.
Ladies and Gentlemen, we all have a problem. Several in fact, but there is still some good things in this world. In the words of Sam (Frodo's gardener) "things worth the fighting for "...

Have you seen the twitter war between former astronaut Kelly (not the Senator) and the head of The Russian space program?
News to me. Thankfully, I never used my Twitter account. But really tense up there too

Pretty chili conditions here in the Piedmont Triad - too chili to take my bike out for inaugural spring ride in NC! Looking forward to tomorrow, when temps are forecast to be closer to 60 than 40 🤞...

It IS a perfect day for a nice hot bowl of chili - or, maybe my favorite pozole at the Mexican place up the street!

Pretty chili conditions here in the Piedmont Triad - too chili to take my bike out for inaugural spring ride in NC! Looking forward to tomorrow, when temps are forecast to be closer to 60 than 40 🤞...

It IS a perfect day for a nice hot bowl of chili - or, maybe my favorite pozole at the Mexican place up the street!
50° here today and no wind... so I'm a go.

I took a bike on the train to a wine country town called Santa Rosa today to visit a friend. He just opened a new construction TREK store in the heart of Downtown. Those are some nice bikes. I needed something fast by the train station before my return so I ducked into an ice cream parlor for a shake to go. It was $11 and this is in the corner. Can I get a witness that this is not normal for an ice cream parlor? Or, is it just me?
The pup, Jack, will wag at me from 50 Meters and just wants a hug every time he sees me on a bike. I met him for the first time on a ride last week. I wish more dogs were like that to bikes.
1646949812491.jpeg

Attachments

• 31022c (2).JPG
    31022c (2).JPG
    223.7 KB · Views: 113
  • 31022b.JPG
    31022b.JPG
    358.6 KB · Views: 128
  • 31022d.JPG
    31022d.JPG
    299 KB · Views: 118
  • 31022f.JPG
    31022f.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 118
  • 31022e.JPG
    31022e.JPG
    287.4 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
I just saw and will not post photos of the injured at the Maternity Hospital. Heart Breaking. What kind of bully would attack and kill any woman in labor? And new born babies? If this is not criminal, I do not know what would be.

Back