Charging iPhone while riding via USB port on Kiox

Wanted to come back to this long thread. I have a 2022 Trek Allant+ 8S, and anticipating dumping the current Bosch SmartPhone hub, and would like a new computer that's compatible with the bike AND can connect physically to the iPhone 15 Pro (USB C) so that it can be kept charged... I'd also like to be able to ensure data is populating in the Apple Health app. Thoughts?
well no to most of it. no way you would get enough power to use USB c well any power really bosch just does not do that and phones just keep needing more power. but the nyon will integrate with apple health finally. the kiox should too but it is abandoned so I would not buy it.

well no to most of it. no way you would get enough power to use USB c well any power really bosch just does not do that and phones just keep needing more power. but the nyon will integrate with apple health finally. the kiox should too but it is abandoned so I would not buy it.
The Kiox is "abandoned"..?.. please explain..

no more updates. I think the last update was 2021.
oh okay.. I understand... thanks. I'm sure either is likely a good way to go, perhaps the Nyon then... I just know that the current SmartphoneHub is just not working, as the grip was made for what is now, a much older device.

oh okay.. I understand... thanks. I'm sure either is likely a good way to go, perhaps the Nyon then... I just know that the current SmartphoneHub is just not working, as the grip was made for what is now, a much older device.
no it sucks. I had them change to a nyon before I brought my bike home. but its not hard to add a nyon yourself. you just change the mount it use the same wires. I like the nyon as you have a lot more info on the screen its mounted better. the mapping is ok as long as you make your own maps online. Plus just checking and it seems to actually cost more for a kiox now.

Wanted to come back to this long thread. I have a 2022 Trek Allant+ 8S, and anticipating dumping the current Bosch SmartPhone hub, and would like a new computer that's compatible with the bike AND can connect physically to the iPhone 15 Pro (USB C) so that it can be kept charged... I'd also like to be able to ensure data is populating in the Apple Health app. Thoughts?
If you want a little electronics project, this can be done for ~$50.

Bosch has a third auxiliary port on your bike, down on the left side of the motor. It outputs 12-13V at 1.5A if I recall. It may not be on (likely is), but your LBS could turn it on if it is not on.

You would need at least 3 things:
USB-C to USB-C cable. Probably 3ft., to run from handlebars to motor.
STMicroelectronics 'EVAL-SCS001V1' which converts 'dumb' power to 'smart' USB-C power like this. Likely you would get 5V 1.5A which is 7.5W, or 1/4 of the power that iphone could take.
Bosch 1270.016.551 cable which goes into the auxiliary port like this.

Can provide more details if interested. Cheers!

Hi All,

So “sano” (sanitary), as we used to say when I was a kid. Thought I would share. PD Design mount and case. Had to get out a mini rat tale file to make it work with the case but not bad. This is the shorter 3.9 inch in pic. Amazon link

STARTRC 11.8inch and 3.9inch Lightning Data Cable to Micro USB MFI Certified for DJI Mini 4K/Mini SE/Mavic Mini/Mavic 2 Pro&Zoom/Mavic Air Controller Accessories,Tablet Phone OTG Cables(2 Pack) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09HZNTK1L?psc=1&ref_=cm_sw_r_ud_ct_NZAKZSVE1RTGQ1X3RES3&language=en_US

Attachments

• IMG_0481.jpeg
    IMG_0481.jpeg
    316.5 KB · Views: 18
Hi All,

So “sano” (sanitary), as we used to say when I was a kid. Thought I would share. PD Design mount and case. Had to get out a mini rat tale file to make it work with the case but not bad. This is the shorter 3.9 inch in pic. Amazon link

STARTRC 11.8inch and 3.9inch Lightning Data Cable to Micro USB MFI Certified for DJI Mini 4K/Mini SE/Mavic Mini/Mavic 2 Pro&Zoom/Mavic Air Controller Accessories,Tablet Phone OTG Cables(2 Pack) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09HZNTK1L?psc=1&ref_=cm_sw_r_ud_ct_NZAKZSVE1RTGQ1X3RES3&language=en_US
That looks like a nice setup! Love the PD mounts and cases. Know what power you are pulling from the Kiox?

Another good (longer but more expensive) cable is this one by Shure.

Back