Changing the chainring on a bike with center motor

knsj

Hello there.

I have a Cube Cross Hybrid One 500: https://www.cube.eu/en/2019/e-bikes/trekking/tour/cross/cube-cross-hybrid-one-500-iridiumnblue-2019/
I'm not the most knowledgeable about bikes, but I'm learning basic maintenance and changing parts and I want to be able to do almost everything, except the electrical parts.

I want to change casette, chain and chainring and I've figured out which parts and tools to get (I think).
I'm following Park Tools videoes on Youtube and they are great.
My question is, when removing the cranks to change the chainring, does it change anything that it's an E-bike with a center motor? Is there something I have to be aware about, or is it the same as a regular bike?

Best regards.

You may want to ask this question in the Bosch sub-forum. The motor may need to be re-tuned to the new drivetrain you are putting in. Good luck!

I changed the chainring on my Specialized Turbo Levo. It took about 5 minutes. The owners manual listed the sizes of chainrings that could be installed.

In terms of the actual wrenching it's no different. You use the crank puller etc. like any bike.
If your changing sizes and gear ratios it will affect motor performance and how the assists levels feels.

In terms of the actual wrenching it's no different. You use the crank puller etc. like any bike.
If your changing sizes and gear ratios it will affect motor performance and how the assists levels feels.
Curious about the effect on the motor / controller . I will be going from a 48t to a 40t since that's all Specialized specs for my bike. I fight steep hills with the wimpy E motor. I don't need speed, I need power.

Back