Changing premium folder to KT controller

All good info, will watch climbing hills for a long time etc

Found a matching battery connector online and ordered that, think that is the only thing we will need , keeping my fingers crossed

Looking at the new controller think it is going to fit, will have to get a different kickstand but this one runs into the pedals so that does not bother me at all, be nice to eliminate that issue
Any time you can kill 2 birds with one stone is a winner! Hang in there. I'm pretty sure you'll agree the hassle of the install will be worth it in the end. -Al

Hey Vincent,

I still have a broad connector collection. I didn’t read closely but if you need another adapter I’d gladly make one again.

Thanks Tom, think I just needed the battery connector and got that

Everything I had to get from electrobikeworld came with new wires that match the controller
Have been slammed with work but hoping maybe tomorrow or Monday night to work on it

Curtis thanks for the link, glad it worked good for you

Will do a write up with some pics when I get done
Can’t be worse than how it is stock, basically pas is not usable with the stock setup

This is a little bit off topic but an interesting observation

I watch the used ebike stuff on Craigslist etc and occasionally pick them up for me, friends
Lately been looking for a used 50-55 lb step thru 2 inch tire bike for a friend

A few years ago when ride1up started out I saw them for sale all the time, they were everywhere, now from catching a post here and there about programming bikes that are too fast etc I think they are using KT controllers or something similar and they are literally never listed used anymore, have not seen one in months

Aventon are everywhere, quite a few rad
1 or 2 espin
I have ridden a new Radrunner recently and it seemed controlled to me in pas 1-2

I bought a couple of lectric for friends and was pretty happy with how they are, I do see quite a few for sale though

Actually saw an espin ad and the guy said the bike was too powerful for him and that is why he was selling it, I wrote him and told him to go into advanced settings and change the pas from 5 to 9 that it made a huge difference on my espin Nesta
He said that really helped and he would probably keep it now

Ridiculous we are still dealing with this , every time I consider buying an Aventon have to factor in the 200-250 to change the controller 🙄

Re: the "too fast", I sure hope people start demanding better controller programming, including the too much power in PAS 1 issue.

Vincent, if you get comfortable doing these conversions, you can cut the cost you're thinking of (200-250) in half pretty easily. Frequently if you have to have a connector to match one on the bike, it's right there on the original controller. Just cut it off and use that one, splicing it on to the new one as necessary. Spooky at first, because there's no turning back. Once you get a little confidence, not hard to do one in an afternoon.

Other than waiting for this connector to arrive this seems like a very simple thing to do, I just did not want to cut up the original controller because at some point I might put this kt controller on a different bike if I sell this one

I think there’s a possibility I’m going to be able to use the PAS sensor on the bike, I’m going to try that first and that would’ve saved the little money

As excited as I am about having the KT controller and seeing how it does, it would be nice if the bike companies would just get a clue and quit doing this

this has gotten more complicated, not sure i would do this again
thinking i should write a new thread up in DIY or general so others can learn from my mistakes

wrote it up in DIY

any body know where to get an adapter for this to make it 2 pin higo?
nothing other than tektro on the lever

Attachments

• tempImagecIrrGs.png
    tempImagecIrrGs.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 190
  • tempImage0ui8Ap.png
    tempImage0ui8Ap.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 183
  • tempImageb5BfNO.png
    tempImageb5BfNO.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 196
Back