Chain coming off front chainring constantly!

330rcs

I bought my juiced Ripcurrent S in February and I never had this issue before, my riding habits or terrain hasn't changed. Only thing that happened was a few months in my stock chain snapped while I was riding. I was advised to install a Sram chain. I'm not mechanically inclined so I have a bike mechanic he installed it since then every other time I take it out the chain comes off the front chainring. No issue in the back. The mechanic checks the chain each time, clean and lube etc but he can't even figure it out. I don't even hit anything hard but maybe I'm pedaling too fast or changing gears while I'm doing it but like I said never had this issue with the stock chain only that it snapped at less than 1000 miles.

Is there a 52t chain guard or guide that I can install to help keep the chain from coming off?

I have a CCS and the chain comes off if I hit a really good bump while pedaling. The stock chain that came with my CCS stretched, a lot. When I replaced my chain it had stretched 2.5 links worth of length. Ask your mechanic if he sized the new chain. If so, did he size it based on length or number of links? I think I removed 5 links total from the new chain so that it would be the same length as the original chain when it was new. The number of chain drops I was having reduced significantly.

This video might be worth your time:

I bought my juiced Ripcurrent S in February and I never had this issue before, my riding habits or terrain hasn't changed. Only thing that happened was a few months in my stock chain snapped while I was riding. I was advised to install a Sram chain. I'm not mechanically inclined so I have a bike mechanic he installed it since then every other time I take it out the chain comes off the front chainring. No issue in the back. The mechanic checks the chain each time, clean and lube etc but he can't even figure it out. I don't even hit anything hard but maybe I'm pedaling too fast or changing gears while I'm doing it but like I said never had this issue with the stock chain only that it snapped at less than 1000 miles.

Is there a 52t chain guard or guide that I can install to help keep the chain from coming off?
Is your chain wheel narrow wide
If not I suggest you swap to one which should fix the problem

Is your chain wheel narrow wide
If not I suggest you swap to one which should fix the problem

After doing some more research looks like lots of people recommending this so I’m looking at a Wolf Tooth 52t with drop stop technology and may change to a Kmc chain which advertises stretch proof. Hope that will do it!

I have a CCS and the chain comes off if I hit a really good bump while pedaling. The stock chain that came with my CCS stretched, a lot. When I replaced my chain it had stretched 2.5 links worth of length. Ask your mechanic if he sized the new chain. If so, did he size it based on length or number of links? I think I removed 5 links total from the new chain so that it would be the same length as the original chain when it was new. The number of chain drops I was having reduced significantly.

This video might be worth your time:

he did come back and shorten it and said it’s about as much as he can shorten

Got my CCX on Dec 27, 2019. It came with a chain watcher installed. So it appears Juiced Bikes is trying to address the situation. Only 4 rides so far, but chain has stayed in place. Bike has been so much fun. Got it up to 33mph (R - mode) on PCH New Years Day - early morning. Great time to ride, barely any cars out.
Have fun and be safe out there.

Attachments

• EF538EB0-1AED-47E0-9667-CCEF812E3FBC.jpeg
    EF538EB0-1AED-47E0-9667-CCEF812E3FBC.jpeg
    206.1 KB · Views: 582
Got my CCX on Dec 27, 2019. It came with a chain watcher installed. So it appears Juiced Bikes is trying to address the situation. Only 4 rides so far, but chain has stayed in place. Bike has been so much fun. Got it up to 33mph (R - mode) on PCH New Years Day - early morning. Great time to ride, barely any cars out.
Have fun and be safe out there.
lol took them two years for a $2 part?

Back