Cerakote colors and lighting

Acme

I’m going to try to post some pictures that show the difference in appearance of the Sarah coat colors depending on the lighting. It’s unbelievable how much flat colors can change. The last one is a shot taken on FaceTime hence my picture. but it looks amazing compared to the first shot. it’s all about the lighting.
1623804698779.jpeg

1623804650010.jpeg

1623804578780.png

We aren't hearing much these days about the latest Hydras coming out. Maybe the new owners aren't on this board. :confused: ☹️

Wow, what a difference in appearance of color.

Any suggestions on how to pick a color given that pictures of something painted with it may not show true?

Any suggestions on how to pick a color given that pictures of something painted with it may not show true?
All you can do is go to Cerakote and choose something close to what you have in mind and look at their many many pictures. Some pics will be under interior light which is worthless but occasionally you will get some outdoor sunlight or cloudy day pics. This is how I picked ( thanks to Cuz Vinny ) Midnight Bronze. It's a guess really. I lucked out and got exactly what I wanted. All has been revealed in earlier posts. 👍

Thanks, I remember parts of the 'story' but forgot the important "out in sunlight" part.

I admire how you consistently give Cuz Vinny credit for getting you to the color you wanted. Forums are so valuable for helping a person to be saved a misstep or getting right to what they want without eons of study and personal research. I think too seldom that is acknowledgeed.

You can get samples direct from Cerakote. If you look at the gallery pics on the Cerakote site you can get a good idea of the different looks.

For each color you're interested in, you can order a swatch. I believe you can get up to 10 color swatches in one order.

I’m one of the early orders (November 20th or so) and I was told my bike would come in about a week. But I was told that over 3 weeks ago, and haven’t even seen any photos…so not sure if there’s any progress or what the actual time line is. I’ll certainly post a photo when I get the bike though!
What color and size. Kindernay?

Thanks, I remember parts of the 'story' but forgot the important "out in sunlight" part.

I admire how you consistently give Cuz Vinny credit for getting you to the color you wanted. Forums are so valuable for helping a person to be saved a misstep or getting right to what they want without eons of study and personal research. I think too seldom that is acknowledgeed.
You don't cross somebody named Cuz Vinny. 🤣 😶

I ordered the 18th. but I don’t know if that matters. From what I understand he is just trying to get all the frames built that came back from Cerakote. He had trouble getting the brakes, the deralier, and then the short spokes for the carbon kinderny didn’t show. I did not know our wheels are being custom bulit. I told him don‘t worry about the Carbon, I would be fine with aluminum. Then he offered to exchange them later when they come in. Nobody offers to take back a used set of wheels because they couldn’t make you bike as ordered. Pushkar is beyond nice. I worry about him giving away the store.

I ordered the 18th. but I don’t know if that matters. From what I understand he is just trying to get all the frames built that came back from Cerakote. He had trouble getting the brakes, the deralier, and then the short spokes for the carbon kinderny didn’t show. I did not know our wheels are being custom bulit. I told him don‘t worry about the Carbon, I would be fine with aluminum. Then he offered to exchange them later when they come in. Nobody offers to take back a used set of wheels because they couldn’t make you bike as ordered. Pushkar is beyond nice. I worry about him giving away the store.
You and me both. 😶

We Helios buyers haven't even chosen our colors and configurations yet.....
When did you order your Helios?
I'm one of the Helios founders and confirmed my color and component choices back in March. I mistakenly thought that meant the two bikes I ordered were coming soon.

Who even knows what a realistic ETA is at this point.
Nobody, and the unfortunate reality is that that probably includes Pushkar. The risk of further disappointment is likely the reason behind the lack of updates. However, that in itself is a disappointment. I continue to be supportive and understanding. However, that position has yet to be rewarded after 14+ months. The Founders are still in the dark regarding progress with their bikes. The experience has not been a good one.

I like the 1st orange.. the last one not at all! My bike's aluminum so I would probably just get it powder coated. I have had cerakoted semi black in the past on firearms. It's good stuff.

I like the 1st orange.. the last one not at all! My bike's aluminum so I would probably just get it powder coated. I have had cerakoted semi black in the past on firearms. It's good stuff.
Great info and welcome to posting on EBR.

I ordered Kindernay and Blue/Orange

I’m very sympathetic as well, but also somewhat concerned about a few things. If we presume order emails we’re needed because some parts are in short supply, why did the order emails take weeks to send — this made me think they were going to be personalized, but it was one mass email that could be written in a few minutes. Why is there a new photo on Instagram once a week or so, of the same bike? Is there no progress on other bikes? I worry the “I’ll send you parts later” is more of the same — promises today, worry about it tomorrow.

I’m trying to be patient, but honestly may give up soon. If I saw a photo of my frame painted (coated) that would be reassuring, but I suspect it hasn’t been done yet. Who even knows what a realistic ETA is at this point.
This might be your frame used in a Facebook post about the recycling service used by Watt Wagons.
Screenshot_20210616-101018__01.jpg

I ordered a default component build in late January that was confirmed in late February. I haven't received or asked for any updates since then.

Last edited:
Back