Cerakote colors and lighting

I like the 1st orange.. the last one not at all! My bike's aluminum so I would probably just get it powder coated. I have had cerakoted semi black in the past on firearms. It's good stuff.
Sorry I should’ve been clear all three pictures of the same Cerakote tequila sunrise it’s just the lighting that changes the look

Nobody, and the unfortunate reality is that that probably includes Pushkar. The risk of further disappointment is likely the reason behind the lack of updates. However, that in itself is a disappointment. I continue to be supportive and understanding. However, that position has yet to be rewarded after 14+ months. The Founders are still in the dark regarding progress with their bikes. The experience has not been a good one.
So very, very true. Promised, timely updates never happen. Only with begging and prodding do we get some info. I think @pushkar is worried about some backlash, but doesn't recognize that the lack of information is far more damaging than just sharing the news. No update is far worse than an update saying nothing new to share.

I'm beyond disappointed these days. I can't help but feel that a simple post here with an update is much easier to manage than fielding phone calls, texts and e-mail from all of us individually.

I to agree with some of the previous posts on the disappointment customers have had to date. I ordered my hydra last year, basically stock version with no special upgrades and was hoping in the last couple of months i would see a picture of my bike in the mix some ware. I have emailed numerous times and left phone messages asking politely on the status and approx. eta, but never get a response. I was under the impression that people who ordered before a certain date, WW had the parts in stock to build the bike once painted. I would even entertain have the bike delivered with certain parts missing , as I could piece together the bike with parts lying around the shop to get riding before the prime season is over , and worry about upgrading during the winter months.

a few details I am aware of.
Beyond all the component shortages which are many, the Carbon frame manufacturer is not honoring their commitment. Apparently aluminum frames are finally becoming available but Carbon is still in very short supply and high demand I won’t go into details as it is not my place but we all know Pushkar has invested time and money developing his products but the Chinese hold the molds and hence all the cards. They can take your product and sell it to anybody they want and there’s nothing you can do about it. if they don’t feel like it they don’t even have to sell it to you. It was touch and go for a while and I think Pushkar has learned from his experiences, adjusted his expectations and has a path forward. I think he is still a little gun shy making promises he has little control over. He is however slowly but steadily making bikes a best he can. Which is a lot more than many other small manufacturers.

Whatever the issue may be, Pushkar needs to be transparent about it with his customers. And, if that is indeed the case, I hope he has learned to be more diligent in deciding with whom and how he does business. We have entrusted our money with whom I believe to be a good man, but we need also a good business man to see it through resulting in the promised product.

Whatever the issue may be, Pushkar needs to be transparent about it with his customers. And, if that is indeed the case, I hope he has learned to be more diligent in deciding with whom and how he does business. We have entrusted our money with whom I believe to be a good man, but we need also a good business man to see it through resulting in the promised product.
Well, you 'could' have gone with Luna. NOBODY could have predicted what happened to the entire planet in the last year and a half. I'm sympathetic towards those waiting. Hopefully you all will get what you were promised. And I warrant that you will. We all recognized Pushkar was shooting for another level and Wattwagons has delivered and will continue to deliver. I tell you all ... in no uncertain terms ... the Hydra is in a class by itself. Pushkar made it happen and though it has gotten 'confused' or maybe less than optimal at this point, the man is soldiering through. I support him 100 % and am already dreaming about my next Wattwagons bike.

No, I couldn’t and wouldn’t. Luna is a known entity and not a good one.

I’m super happy for you, @reed scott, for you getting your Hydra. But, you can be as sympathetic as you possibly can and still not truly know what us Helios founders have gone through and are still going through. I appreciate your sympathy and optimism; but, to be blunt, none of that helps any with those still waiting on their Helios bikes. There is just one man who can. And, those of us in this situation are still hoping that he can.

I feel your pain onlineaddy. I think Pushkar is going to do some big updates very soon.

I can understand a lot of the frustrations you guys are experiencing. Not trying to make excuses but besides trying to get all these bikes out and working another job the shipping is a huge issue. Sometimes the shipper would package many items on the pallette in a way that would increase the shipping dramatically and put him in a bind. All I can say is be patient. Seeing his small team at the shop in person I know they are working very hard to get it done.

I apologize to @Acme for taking the conversation off topic. I'll cease making these comments in this thread.

BTW, congratulations on your bikes coming together. Both beautiful colors.

@Jayaznpride how is the black color doing for staying clean or true black? You know how sometimes matte black will allow things to rub off on it easily - white chalky painted stuff etc?

Does it shirk that kind of thing off and just show black or is it picking other things up a lot?

@Jayaznpride how is the black color doing for staying clean or true black? You know how sometimes matte black will allow things to rub off on it easily - white chalky painted stuff etc?

Does it shirk that kind of thing off and just show black or is it picking other things up a lot?
So far I have no issue with things rubbing on it. I purchased this clear tape protector and just put in the places where dirt and grime would hit it.

This is the color I’m going with on my Helios, it’s advertised as color changing:
Cerakote Northern Lights is a stunning color-changing navy blue that transforms into a greenish teal with glistening gold metallics.

I got a swatch and I love moving it in the light and watching the colors change.

I’m also thinking of accenting with tequila sunrise
in the circled area (will look a bit different as the Helios is more rounded but still think it will look good)

1623930967917.jpeg

I just got some more swatches, and the Northern Lights (at least my sample) has very little color change. I'm going to bend the swatch tomorrow and look again. It seems a lot more subtle than I expected. I got Electric Yellow and pow! that's a bright color. And the new light green (Tropical Green, or something like that) is pretty nice. The Polar Blue sample is much nicer in person than the shots in this thread. The large photo looked pretty gray; the color is closer to the small attachment shot, with a lot of blue showing. Titanium is a simple silver IMHO, and the Crushed Orchid, shown in some pictures on this forum, is a pretty interesting color. My wife wants it on hers. But there is no hers - I don't want to have to buy another one!

Back