Centre stand for the Multicharger Mixte 2021

TimJohn

I was wondering if R&M sell their centre stand outside the passenger package or safety cage. The reason I am asking is I want to use a rear box or cage for my dog so I don't want the options for human passengers. The centre stand would make it much easier to load a pet.

I am going to mt LBS today to ask what center stand options are available. I looked on Amazon and see there are some center stands but some of the reviews were not good. Not that expensive ($50 Can) as opposed to the $400 passenger option from R&M.

OK my LBS showed me a kickstand that was removed from a Tern GSD (2019 model) and was willing to see if that would fit. The Tern GSD has 20" wheels so this probably won't work but its worth a try and he would be willing to throw it in with my deal. Some of the customers wanted the updated centre stand offered by Tern for their GSD model.

Not bad. It seemed like a very well built piece of hardware but fitting has to clear the belt and long enough with the 26" wheels of the Mulitcharger is what needs to be checked out.

If Riese and Muller ever read this posting please let it be known that not all riders take on passengers. I would have liked to order the centre stand separately to accommodate carrying a pet and the passenger kit is not ideal.

Hi @TimJohn! Im also waiting for a 2021 Multicharger, and also thinking about dog carrying options.
If the Tern kickstand doesn’t fit your bike, I think the stand that comes in R&M passenger kit is this: https://ursus.it/shop/urban-city/jumbo-80/
I’ll probably try to find that somewhere when my bike arrives. However, would be nice to hear your experience with the Tern stand and if it fits the Multicharger. I wasn’t too impressed with a double leg stand that was in an older model Multicharger I tried.

What kind of box are you thinking for the dog, and how big the dog is? Im trying to figure out if its possible to get our Swedish Vallhund (soon to be 15-16kg) on the bike. Atleast the rack on Multicharger is sturdy enough.

Thanks for the information. I haven't received my Multicharger yet and probably won't see it until April or even early May. Thats an agonizing 8 months. My LBS says that the Tern stand should fit because he eyeballed it on the 2020 model. As for the rear carrier for my dog (11 kgs) I haven't explored this thoroughly as of yet. I am really looking forward to getting this e-bike.

Ok thanks! I'll continue looking for a dog carrying solution more when have the bike in hands. I actually found this forum and your post while googling if someone had carried a dog with a Multicharger :).

And wow, that's a long time to wait! I placed the order 4th of September, and the bike is arriving on first week of Feb. This already feels too much to handle. But yeah, this bike really seems worth waiting for!

And wow, that's a long time to wait! I placed the order 4th of September, and the bike is arriving on first week of Feb. This already feels too much to handle. But yeah, this bike really seems worth waiting for!
I ordered my Multicharger GT touring the same day and got the same expected delivery date. Unfortunately R&M sent me an email today that the delivery would be postponed by a month.

Would be interested to hear if you will get your bike by the initial delivery dates.

I ordered my Multicharger GT touring the same day and got the same expected delivery date. Unfortunately R&M sent me an email today that the delivery would be postponed by a month.

Would be interested to hear if you will get your bike by the initial delivery dates.
I also got a message from R&M today about the delay... Now the expected arrival time is between 29.3. and 2.4. so almost 2 months delay! I contacted my local dealer and they say its due to delayed availability of some components. All of their Multicharger orders were delayed.

Actually there is a positive outcome because of the delay for me. The BC government is eliminating the 7% sales tax on e-bikes but passing legislation is slated for sometime in the spring. Our government has decided to give people some incentive to purchase an e-bike. All purchasers of normal pedal bikes pay no taxes (7% PST and the 5% GST) for them. So with a $10K e-bike that works out a fair chunk of change.

I expect to get the Mulitcharger Mixte sometime in late April or even early May. I already have a couple of e-bikes and so I don't mind the wait.

Actually there is a positive outcome because of the delay for me. The BC government is eliminating the 7% sales tax on e-bikes but passing legislation is slated for sometime in the spring. Our government has decided to give people some incentive to purchase an e-bike. All purchasers of normal pedal bikes pay no taxes (7% PST and the 5% GST) for them. So with a $10K e-bike that works out a fair chunk of change.

I expect to get the Mulitcharger Mixte sometime in late April or even early May. I already have a couple of e-bikes and so I don't mind the wait.
Hi @TimJohn . I live in BC as well and hadn't seen there was legislation passed to remove the sales tax. Where did you see that info if you don't mind me asking?

This is the document I found out months ago....watch out for the 2021 NDP budget annoucements around April 2021. They delayed their budget to 2021 fiscal year which is at the end of April 2021 because of the early election and Covid-19 issues. I have been trying to find more conclusive documents but I haven't them yet. Wait and see.

Timothy
IMG_2688.JPG

Here is my doggy basket at the rear of my newly acquired Multi Charger Mixte Vario...the top half of a plastic kennel. Kind of rustic with his bed installed for his comfort. I will eventually find a wicker basket of the same size to make it a more refined installation. It works and Atticus likes it.

Attachments

• IMG_2958.jpg
    IMG_2958.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 410
IMG_3008.jpg

My final doggy installation. Purchases from Amazon and placed on a 12" x 21" 3/4" plywood board with stainless steel wing nut bolts to secure the basket to the rack. Atticus is 23 libs and fits the basket well. I placed some pipe insulation on the edges so he can rest his chin. So far, it works so much better than my trailer. He wined so much in the trailer I had that it made riding him in it annoying. Not a beep out of him with this setup. Love it!

Back