Cemoto Electric Folding Mountain Bike

I spent lots of time researching storage bag options. Here is the best $15 you will spend on a storage option, it is a front top-tube mounted saddle bag that fits like it was made for this bike (because of the bike's box frame), I just put it on and it just fits perfectly. Has a very clear 'touch-screen capable' window at top for your phone or GPS (just select 5" or 5.5" phone size in options).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VK082DQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00

Don't worry the thickness in the 2 pockets are less than 1/2 the width shown in the pic, as pockets are expandable type.
The 2 velcro straps are just perfect for this bike, and it removes in just seconds.

think i will order that set of air caps that flip over

but both bike shops i talked to suggested i fill the tires with slime or something like it...

will check the stem in the morning

I spent lots of time researching storage bag options. Here is the best $15 you will spend on a storage option, it is a front top-tube mounted saddle bag that fits like it was made for this bike (because of the bike's box frame), I just put it on and it just fits perfectly. Has a very clear 'touch-screen capable' window at top for your phone or GPS (just select 5" or 5.5" phone size in options).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VK082DQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00

Don't worry the thickness in the 2 pockets are less than 1/2 the width shown in the pic, as pockets are expandable type.
The 2 velcro straps are just perfect for this bike, and it removes in just seconds.

Bummer! That bag won't fit my iPhone 6 Plus. Nice find though.

think i will order that set of air caps that flip over

but both bike shops i talked to suggested i fill the tires with slime or something like it...

will check the stem in the morning

Many riders use slime but I would find the leak source first (slime will find the leak by showing green).
If you do decide to use slime, make sure you buy the tube sealant (not the tubeless or tire sealant kind) many folks make the mistake of putting in the wrong type since the bottles look the same.

Reference: FAQ Slime click 'Bicycle' section: http://slime.com/faq/

Last edited:
awesome find on the bag that fits the iphone 6 plus, going to order one of those

This particular one i got does iPhone, Android etc, comes with earphones and you can swipe etc through the plastic cover. Found it very useful to put the front light battery pack in. Only £4.24

P1000416.JPG P1000418.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk

Nice find RoyL, I went with this type of bag to hold my phone and store tools and a can of fix-a-flat.
ebike-ebike - did you purchase the LCD + controller from elife? I think there is a highest speed limit setting on the LCD that can make this bike go faster!
http://www.elifebike.com

road the bikes today and have some questions

definitely have to get the higher handlebars, ordering those now

questions about the pedalassist
i dont know if mine is malfunctioning or if this is how it works

keep in mind i have ridden maybe 30-40 minutes this week in the yard and this is first time i have been on a bicycle in 25 years or more
so i want to go slow to medium speed

no matter what gear i am in if i pedal at all the bike immediately shoots forward , it feels to me like i am flooring it
like there is no speed control at all when i pedal
i spent at least half the time pedaling with the power off

is this normal or should the pedal assist correlate to how hard/fast you are pedaling?

The bike has a pedalec sensor on the crank and sense when you're pedaling it turns the motor on. The pedal assist has 1 speed, you can control that speed by squeeze and let go of the brake levers. This will turn off the motor if you want to slow down or stop pedaling will also turn off the motor. As long as you're pedaling, the motor will turn on, it doesn't matter if you're pedaling hard or fast.

hmm, ok

so i can control the electric speed by the twist lever without pedaling
but the motor will go all out if i pedal at all?

so this means if you pedal any you will be doing 18 mph pretty quickly?

and my only control for that is to kill the motor with the brakes or stop pedaling and kill it?

did i get all this right?

this will be difficult for me because i am riding on up and down, washed out dirt roads and do not at all want to be going 15-20 mph through there
means i will have to pedal it alone or just use electric and

can i have the pedal assist upgraded so i can control the speed?

thanks for all your help with this

That is correct Vincent, once you get use to the bike and knowing how to control it, it's not difficult to control the speed you want it to go. If you install the LCD display that ebike initially post, it allows you to have 5 different level of pedal assist speed.
Road my bike today and did a 15 mile trip, when I got home the battery led light was on yellow. This indicates I still have a lot of battery juice left.

thanks for all the info on this

definitely interested in the lcd, is this an easy thing to install?
or easy for the electric and normal bike shop i use here in town?

going to look up the lcd now

ebike, did you get yours? if so how is it working?

Howdy,

Nope, I haven't begun the journey to 750 watt bliss yet, probably won't for a while.
But yes, the LED and LCD displays are controller specific, so you want to make sure you order it altogether as a kit.

The LED controller version is very rugged and gives 3 levels of PAS (but no speed/odom/etc. display),
LCD controller has 4 or 5 levels of PAS which is nice.

I haven't pulled the controller yet in this bike to see if it has an input for the LED panel (I doubt it) which might give you 3 modes of PAS.
But I'm pretty sure it is has just the stock (1 speed level) PAS controller.

ok, i am going to try and run the bike down to the bike repair shop tomorrow and talk to them about it, they are big into electrics and should know, will post here and let everyone know what they say

ok, i am going to try and run the bike down to the bike repair shop tomorrow and talk to them about it, they are big into electrics and should know, will post here and let everyone know what they say

That sounds great. Also a good idea to have them look over the bike setup as well.

My bike seemed OK when riding but was actually grossly out of adjustment on the brakes as the disc brake pads were way out and visibly bending the disc when braking.

Super easily adjusted (took me just 5 minutes to adjust both) by moving in the inside brake pad screw first until it almost touches the disc, then adjust the outer pad closer by the loosening (then re-tighten) the cable screw and moving the arm until it has a small gap.

See video:

The Shimano TX Deraileur is another story, it is the cheapest one I believe (this model Deraileur sells for $11 on Amazon) and there is no video on YouTube to properly adjust it, only all their other models with the 2 large screws, or the one that uses the cable adjuster.
There is no cable adjuster on this cable, and the cable is not fixed mounted at the Deraileur, so the tension changes if the shifter cable moves.
Found an online manual here:
http://www.shimano.com

It looks a bit confusing and has Hi and Lo screws which kinda works but not for middle gears, and the whole tension/alignment changes with the chain tension or if the cable gets bumped or moved.
Still having trouble jumping gears, probably going to replace this derailleur.

Otherwise a fun bike :)

Last edited:
ebike-ebike - can you post a pic of your bike? My bike came with a Tourney derailleur with cable adjusters and 2 screws Hi & Low to adjust. I don't have any issues with it and they shift very smoothly.

Attachments

• derailleur.jpg
    derailleur.jpg
    614.2 KB · Views: 326
  • derailleur2.jpg
    derailleur2.jpg
    613.8 KB · Views: 333
ebike-ebike - can you post a pic of your bike? My bike came with a Tourney derailleur with cable adjusters and 2 screws Hi & Low to adjust. I don't have any issues with it and they shift very smoothly.

Thanks... it looks exactly the same as your pics. I just took mine apart and re-assembled and it works much better now, it may have been jammed up.

I am just used to (and much prefer) the Shimano derailleur with the large (silver) cable adjuster screw that you simply turn CCW to move chain to left, or CW to move right.

This one is much trickier to adjust and will take some getting used to I suppose.

Back