Cemoto Electric Folding Mountain Bike

I was hoping not to spend $85 to have this bike tuned up but noticed yesterday that it does not stop near as quickly as my Prodeco mariner

Hoping to take the bike to the bike shop tomorrow or Monday and will just go ahead and have them check it over, tune it up with everything else

Hoping to have them add 5 inch rise handlebars and also a three or five speed controller for the pedal assist

Will ask their opinion on changing out the Derailluer and if they think that is applicable for my light riding

I will keep this thread update on cost and what brands/part numbers they use for all of this

That sounds great, will be interested in the controller speed mode options.
Too bad tune-ups are $85 there, here in Arizona the MTB tune-ups are just $50.

I would recommend adjusting the brakes yourself using the video, it is actually fun and takes less than 5 minutes total, and it's really good to know cause you will need to do this periodically as the disc pads wear.

I added the XLC adjustable angle riser and will also add another 4" stem riser or a 4" riser bar.

Looking forward to the posts... Happy pedaling :)

Lol ebike i am in az

Had my prodeco mariner tuned up in phx at airpark bikes and it was 100

And ajo bikes in tucson quoted me 85 to tune up the new bike..

They can also can get my favorite ebike which is the 'Haibike XDURO', which uses a Bosch 'center drive' motor (a 'mid-drive' ebike) with all my preferred components:

But it is $5500 and doesn't fold! :eek:

lol on the haibike
saw one of those in a fat bike style at ajo bikes the other day, it looked really cool

did not even check price, it was a huge bike, looked heavy and did not fold! but i bet it was really smooth to ride

that is a cool headlight/usb option, might get that eventually

just bought front and rear cygolite rechargables but yours sounds much better

my bike is completely stock right now so no cool pics yet

it does have heavy duty upgraded inner tubes but you cannot see those lol

vincent713 please posts some good pics of your new handlebars when you get a chance

ebike you think you can do that many risers or whatever and still have enough cable to reach on all the controls, brakes etc? how much taller will your handlebars be than vincent713?

These are the only pics I have of my handlebars, they are 5 inch rise and all the cables were long enough so I didn't have to worry about that.
It doesn't matter if your bike is stock, it's all about the background and overall picture. The Sondors group are posting some awesome photos of their stock bike.

Attachments

• basket2.jpg
    basket2.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 334
  • basket3.jpg
    basket3.jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 340
I was looking for a 4" riser bar (31.8mm clamp and 27.5" wide) but no luck and I read reviews that the 3.5" wasn't enough height so went ahead and ordered the 5" riser bar in the 31.8 clamp dia. to match my XLC adjustable stem riser clamp:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0014VV9TA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

I'm still waiting for the UK stem riser. It should look similar like your setup Vincent713, hopefully cables reach but I can always make the rise shorter with the stem riser angle and bar angle.

My adjustable stem can move up to 60 degree which is where I have it and with my 5 inch rise handlebar, the cables have barely enough to reach. The cables will not allow anything higher than that.

well ajo bikes in tucson was a complete bust

ask what seemed to be their main electric bike repair person about changing out the controller to a 3-5 level one and they immediately told me it cant done anbd acted like they had never heard of such a thing.....

and told me this is the problem with buying bikes online

got the distinct impression they have no clue how this stuff really works even though they sell several brands of e bikes

like if it breaks on a brand they sell yes they can swap out a part because anybody can do that

but really being into the electric bike thing and modifying etc was not something they were interested in at all

in fact they were pretty clear they did not have time to talk to me or want my business
and i have dropped at least $150- 175 in that bike shop in the past 2-3 weeks

so off to find another bike shop
ebike do you know of any shops in phx that do modification etc and are interested in doing it?

i would not ask anyone to warranty a mod like that but even to me this does not seem that hard to do

on another topic

i really do not like the way the bike folds etc
Guess i should say dont like the way it unfolds

the silver latch that locks the frame twice now has jammed into the battery case and has broken it already when i had the bike halfway unfolded

like i take the bike out of the car and undo the velcro strap i have holding the two pieces together and then maybe have the bike halfway unfolded look down and thatis jammed into the end of the battery pack

i am going to see how my prodeco latch works , but the battery is not in the frame to get jammed on that one

anyway it is a bad design there and others should keep an eye out if they are folding and unfolding a lot like me

Last edited:
Vincent - That bike shop sounds clueless of ebikes, most shops are unless they sell strictly ebikes. Around here, regular bike shops despise ebikes and refuse to work on them. So I brought it upon myself to fix or upgrade everything myself. It's NOT hard anyone can do it. There are tons of help you can find on youtube.
Regarding the silver latch, when you fold the bike, make sure the battery is still locked and have the kickstand up. Once you have it folded then you unlock the battery and slowly slide it out. Make sure you do not let it touch the controller 5 prong, it could cause a minor spark. When you unfold the bike, make sure you install the battery first and then lock it. Then pull the silver latch out of the way before you unfold the bike. Always make sure the red power button is off when you fold or unfold the bike. It takes some practice but you'll get it. :)

Hmmm, I have not been taking the battery out of the bike when i fold it up to put it in the car....
I did not realize I needed to do that

Back