CCX: zero mode and more

Bruce Arnold

CCX video on the Juiced Bikes website. I like these views of China, and we get to hear @Tora Harris talk about the bike as he rides.

He mentions that a lot of people asked for a 0 mode, so he's included it. Lights etc. work, just no power to the motor from pedal assist. The throttle still works; they kept it the same in all modes so you airways know what to expect if you hit the thumb button.

They've re-tuned the PAS to make it even smoother, and tuned Eco mode down some - people had mentioned that Eco seemed faster than it needed to be. I've seen people here say the same thing. That being the case, it should increase the mileage in Eco mode.

He has also added a Race mode. This is accessible from the menu, not the PAS buttons. In Race mode, the motor doesn't cut out at a certain speed. It will continue providing power as long as you're pedaling. @Chris Hammond would love that.

All that, plus the 19.4 Ah 52 V battery - I really want one.

I wonder what I could get for my CCS? Ebikes are getting recognition in my little town - the Pedego Shop that owned a few months ago is getting the word out.

I am looking forward to reading reviews from CCX owners, especially regarding performance at the top end. I am also hoping that at some point @Tora Harris or someone else from Juiced provides some guidance about the ability to upgrade the CCS controller to the CCX if the top speed performance is significantly better, then it might be worthwhile if the price is right. :confused:

I am looking forward to reading reviews from CCX owners, especially regarding performance at the top end. I am also hoping that at some point @Tora Harris or someone else from Juiced provides some guidance about the ability to upgrade the CCS controller to the CCX if the top speed performance is significantly better, then it might be worthwhile if the price is right. :confused:
You have the 52v already right? How do you find it fits on the downtube? Support has recently informed me that its "not possible" for me to upgrade to the 52v because the downtube is too narrow. I know they used to offer it as an option at purchase so if it seems to have been working just fine for you Id be inclined to disregard them and order the battery anyway.

Support has recently informed me that its "not possible" for me to upgrade to the 52v because the downtube is too narrow. I know they used to offer it as an option at purchase so if it seems to have been working just fine for you Id be inclined to disregard them and order the battery anyway.
The case for my 17.4 Ah 48 V battery is the same size as the case for the 52 V jobs. It hangs out a bit on the left side of the frame, but fits fine, is not loose, no problem at all. I look forward to upgrading to the 52 V battery, unless I buy a CCX first. I think the staff you talked to was in error.

However, I just looked at Juiced's website and they are not currently offering any 52 V batteries for sale. My guess is that they are being absorbed by the massive roll-out of the CCX and the Scrambler series. They can't produce them fast enough to offer them for sale as accessories. Just a guess. I hope it changes. I'd like to have the option to upgrade.

Last edited:

I really want to upgrade if possible!!!

You have the 52v already right? How do you find it fits on the downtube? Support has recently informed me that its "not possible" for me to upgrade to the 52v because the downtube is too narrow. I know they used to offer it as an option at purchase so if it seems to have been working just fine for you Id be inclined to disregard them and order the battery anyway.

I have a 52V, the 21 aH battery they used to sell. It is wider than the downtube, but it connects to the terminal the same way the smaller batteries do. Its roughly (off of my memory) 0.5" wider.

Thanks for the replies. I didn't plan on buying it until Spring but if they stop selling the 52v by itself for good Im going to be very disappointed. I bought the CCS because it was advertised as having available battery upgrades. I otherwise would've bought a RCS, or ideally put off my order for a few weeks had I known the CCX was right around the corner.

What does BMS mean???

The 52V 19.2amp has 45BMS but 52V 21amp has 40BMS.

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
https://www.juicedbikes.com/collections/e-bikes/products/crosscurrent-x
BMS is Battery Management System
Buy a battery from me? I'm not selling any batteries nor do I own an ebike business.

I'm a bit confused.. o_O
*From juicedbikes.ca

A 52v battery + shipping from *them would cost me close to $1800 USD, which is what I paid for my CCS.

I have a Ripcurrent s that I bought in May 2018. It has no 0 PAS. Also, throttle quits at 20mph. I heard Juiced is looking at a program to reflash the controller and display to solve these issues. I sure hope they do.

I like to run my bike fast on the shoulder of our busy highway to get away from all the texters and crazy drivers as quickly as possible. Then, when I get to the trails, I like to set my bike to PAS 0 to get a good workout. The Ripcurrent S has no PAS 0. So if you want to ride with no assist, you have to turn the battery off. Thus, your display has to go off. The other day I lost a crankarm. Coming back on the busy highway, I sure wanted to throttle 28 mph to get off that road. It’s just my preference. They fixed all of this on the HF1100.

I can pretty much guarantee that Juiced will continue to offer 52V packs. They have a long history of being unable to keep up with demand and have been backordered on bikes and batteries many times. Tora is clearly wanting to promote the advantages of the 52V battery packs. As an owner of one I can easily say they are worth it.
As others have said the 52V packs will definitely fit, it is wider than the downtube, but connects just like any of the 48V packs.

yeah but what is that gonna do?

add more power?
The battery management system is a circuit board that balances the voltage between all of the individual cells in the battery. It prevents the battery from being overdischarged and has a circuit to prevent too high of a load from being drawn out. If they claim 45 amps on the new battery, I’d like to see proof that it can handle that current without shutting off. The original spec sheet on the 48v 21ah batteries was rated at 45amps, however in testing had a 40amp BMS.

I can pretty much guarantee that Juiced will continue to offer 52V packs. They have a long history of being unable to keep up with demand and have been backordered on bikes and batteries many times. Tora is clearly wanting to promote the advantages of the 52V battery packs. As an owner of one I can easily say they are worth it.
As others have said the 52V packs will definitely fit, it is wider than the downtube, but connects just like any of the 48V packs.
Hopefully they'll use the slow winter season to bang out some inventory then, I'll have to keep my eye out thanks.

I just wish Juiced offered a smaller 52V pack for more affordable price. I don't need 21amps of capacity but would love to have a boost of 52V.
They make smaller capacity 52 V batteries for the Scramblers. I hope these will be available in the Parts menu some day. I wouldn't mind having a 13 Ah 52V battery -- that would definitely fit a niche for me. I'm not against getting the 19 Ah battery, though, when it becomes available again.

Back