Ccx power assist issue

Region
USA
The power assist on my CCX is not functioning. I have had this issue since I bought the bike and have contacted technical support many times but I have been given no good solutions. I have gone through all the steps in every one of juiced online videos and articles. I have disassembled and reassembled and cleaned the bike more times than I can count.

The issue continues to be that the power assist works for about the first minute of the ride and then it doesn’t function. After the motor doesn’t respond I try the walk assist function button and there is a one second surge to the motor and then it turns off. The same thing when I try the throttle. I have replaced the tourque sensor. I have totally removed the break sensors. I have cleared the controller. I have ensured all the connections are tight. The bike functions for a brief minute so the connections must be working properly to start the ride. Then after 1 minute the power assist cuts off. If I stop the bike and recycle the battery and turn it back on the power either doesn’t function or sometimes it will function for 1 minute and cut out yet again. I made a video that shows the motor coming on for a second. The first few times are in response to the walk function being activated (holding down the minus button) and then there are several surges when I press the throttle. Link to video:
Other than the obvious things, all of which I have tried, what else could be the problem or solution? The controller? The motor?

Personal rant: I have had nothing but problems with this bike since I purchased it. The bike was replaced once already by an entire new one, I got a new batteriy to replace a defective one because it fried, and I got a new tourque sensor.

Appreciate any suggestions.

The power assist on my CCX is not functioning. I have had this issue since I bought the bike and have contacted technical support many times but I have been given no good solutions. I have gone through all the steps in every one of juiced online videos and articles. I have disassembled and reassembled and cleaned the bike more times than I can count.

The issue continues to be that the power assist works for about the first minute of the ride and then it doesn’t function. After the motor doesn’t respond I try the walk assist function button and there is a one second surge to the motor and then it turns off. The same thing when I try the throttle. I have replaced the tourque sensor. I have totally removed the break sensors. I have cleared the controller. I have ensured all the connections are tight. The bike functions for a brief minute so the connections must be working properly to start the ride. Then after 1 minute the power assist cuts off. If I stop the bike and recycle the battery and turn it back on the power either doesn’t function or sometimes it will function for 1 minute and cut out yet again. I made a video that shows the motor coming on for a second. The first few times are in response to the walk function being activated (holding down the minus button) and then there are several surges when I press the throttle. Link to video:
Other than the obvious things, all of which I have tried, what else could be the problem or solution? The controller? The motor?

Personal rant: I have had nothing but problems with this bike since I purchased it. The bike was replaced once already by an entire new one, I got a new batteriy to replace a defective one because it fried, and I got a new tourque sensor.

Appreciate any suggestions.
Not sure exactly what you mean when referring to the "power assist". You mention that the Throttle does the same thing and so does the Motor. Additionally you've replaced the Torque Sensor. So if the "power assist" isn't the Throttle, Torque Sensor or Motor, what component are you referring to? Are you saying the Motor itself is the part that operates momentarily and then stops "assisting" ? I assume you mean the Motor is operating momentarily when trying to pedal the bike, use the Throttle or Walk Function. And, what is involved to "Clear the Controller"? Are you referring to the Display interface mounted on the handlebar, or the Speed Controller buried in the Downtube? Is the delay between attempts to get power to the motor always the same or does the interval vary?
Gonna hazard a guess that it's likely an intermittent failed component (throttle, cadence/torque sensor, Display Interface etc.) or a ground/power wire within the system. A first check on my RipCurrent S would be the connector closest to the motor. I think the RipCurrent and CrossCurrent share similar electrical systems, if not THE same system. My waterproof Power connector, at the motor, has suffered a bent pin and tried to disconnect, in part because of the lack of slack in the attachment method that was installed from Juiced. Seems that all three ways of gettin your Motor to operate have the same failure in common so I'd start troubleshooting from the Motor towards it's power supply. You might have a loose ground wire at the Speed Controller (the large item w/ a Heat Sink buried in the frame). Not sure how many miles you have on your CCS either. From your description it sounds as if you've had the entire Bike replaced under warranty and have had trouble w/ the New CCS since you got it. If that's the case then it's likely something that Juiced did (or didn't do). My Rear Brake Rotor was mounted with one screw cross threaded into the motor hub, the Front Wheel Axle cones were WAY too tight, causing a Very early front axle failure and the Throttle was installed in such a way that the Bike wouldn't operate except in Walk Mode among other things.
All manufactures have Quality Control issues with New or redesigned products or employee turnover. I work in the commercial Airline Ind and even New Airplanes are prone to QC issues. Personally, I'd have already done much of what you've already done and then dig into the Speed Controller to check condition and security. You might find something as simple as a loose ground wire.
Good Luck, hope you resolve this and let us know what you discover.
bw

First any errors on the display? Yes/No?
Next, does the thumb throttle work? Yes/No?
Next, does the pedal assist work when you pedal? Yes/No?
Next, have you replaced any of the main cables on the bike? Yes/No?
Has Juiced offered any ideas on the issue? They usually suggest replacing the main harness cables if no display errors are displayed.

Back