Problem with Mid Bafang Motor

claudioG

Region
Europe
Hi to everyone, I'm newby on forum and first of all sorry to everyone for my bad english
I have a problem with mid bafang motor, it seems not communicate with central unit.
I used it for about 1 year and half till one morning it decide to not work anymore :-(
The motor seems ok because if I use walk function or thumb accelerator the motor run, but when I try to use different levels from the central unit didn't work.
I tried to download new configuration (because I thought something got wrong on memory) but nothing happened. My suspect is that the central unit fail.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance to everyone
Claudio G.

Hi to everyone, I'm newby on forum and first of all sorry to everyone for my bad english
I have a problem with mid bafang motor, it seems not communicate with central unit.
I used it for about 1 year and half till one morning it decide to not work anymore :-(
The motor seems ok because if I use walk function or thumb accelerator the motor run, but when I try to use different levels from the central unit didn't work.
I tried to download new configuration (because I thought something got wrong on memory) but nothing happened. My suspect is that the central unit fail.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance to everyone
Claudio G.

If you have a BBS Motor you can use an Android phone as a display for testing.

Screenshot_20240224_145659_Google Play Store.jpg

You will need the..
Speeed App
Same USB Programming cable used with laptop
USB Adapter for your phone to connect to USB cable.
They have them for Micro USB as well if needed

Last edited:
That is Fock up man. You need a Canbus m620 motor they are idiot proof no programming need for end user. With mine full throttle on flat terrain can maintain 35mph.

What motor do you have?
Yeah, what motor do you have?

That is Fock up man. You need a Canbus m620 motor they are idiot proof no programming need for end user. With mine full throttle on flat terrain can maintain 35mph.

What motor do you have?

Bafang BBS01B 36V 250W​

HI
finally I found time to test, the app is very useful to programming the motor but not diagnostic, I still to have even the same problem so the motor works only with the throttle and not using pedals.

Yes I have a BBS motor, asap I'll try your suggestions
Thanks
HI
finally I found time to test, the app is very useful to programming the motor but not diagnostic, I still to have even the same problem so the motor works only with the throttle and not using pedals.

HI
The diagnostic reasoning for trying the app was to see if your display is defective. Since the app gives you the same results then your display is probably ok.
Check @tomjasz suggestion
Research/ Google... PAS and/or Cadence sensor for your motor and see what information you can find. Might be the controller as well but the throttle and walk mode work so that gives me some doubt there.

Edit:

Last edited:
The diagnostic reasoning for trying the app was to see if your display is defective. Since the app gives you the same results then your display is probably ok.
Check @tomjasz suggestion
Research/ Google... PAS and/or Cadence sensor for your motor and see what information you can find. Might be the controller as well but the throttle and walk mode work so that gives me some doubt there.

Edit:
I taken a quick look on suggestions from @tomjasz there are few things to do, I work all week out home so I'll going through his suggestions next weekend, Thanks

Like @tomjasz I suspect the PAS sensor. In addition to his red light test, is the wire to the sensor visibly unbroken all the way to its point of entry to the casing? Is the sensor visually undamaged? Is the connection from the motor wire to the sensor firm and normal? Unscrew the sensor and see if water or crud is inside.

Like @tomjasz I suspect the PAS sensor. In addition to his red light test, is the wire to the sensor visibly unbroken all the way to its point of entry to the casing? Is the sensor visually undamaged? Is the connection from the motor wire to the sensor firm and normal? Unscrew the sensor and see if water or crud is inside.
I'm not positive but if the speed sensor is disconnected or not reading the magnet for any reason.... It should throw an error. If memory serves, error: 21 on the display.

I'm not positive but if the speed sensor is disconnected or not reading the magnet for any reason.... It should throw an error. If memory serves, error: 21 on the display.
There is at least one display that has an internal setting that will shut this off. I forget which one it is but I rember seeing it called out in a how-to video on one of them.

On my white Bullitt for a time I would get that error. IIRC I was getting intermittent magnet readings (too much space) and riding real slow up hills made the reads irregular enough to throw the code. But it had no effect on the bike's operation. Just a numeric code showing up on my 860C display while I was grinding up a long hill.

Back