Caveat emptor: my experience preordering with Juiced Bikes

James Sink

I'm removing a long post detailing poor communication and follow through by Juiced. TLDR: Juiced sometimes takes weeks to respond to email and I'd strongly recommend thinking twice about preordering.

Last edited:
They are not very good at answering but generally pretty helpful when you get a hold of them. Not excusing their behavior, just describing it. Keep trying at it. The website live chat has worked best for me. If you are after a discount/consideration I suggest trying during CA business hours but they are open nights/weekends - sometimes. It's chaotic and random, like the rest of their business practices.

I love my CCS. It was a pain dealing with them but it's a great bike and generally very well put together.

There isn't much point in complaining like this. You did a pre order, they had delays and you've decided you don't want to wait any longer. Don't wait for them to issue a refund, just initiate a charge back with your credit card. That should get them to issue the refund.

They are not very good at answering but generally pretty helpful when you get a hold of them. Not excusing their behavior, just describing it. Keep trying at it. The website live chat has worked best for me. If you are after a discount/consideration I suggest trying during CA business hours but they are open nights/weekends - sometimes. It's chaotic and random, like the rest of their business practices.

I love my CCS. It was a pain dealing with them but it's a great bike and generally very well put together.

I appreciate the tip. I was just using email. I'll see if they are online for chat today.

There isn't much point in complaining like this. You did a pre order, they had delays and you've decided you don't want to wait any longer. Don't wait for them to issue a refund, just initiate a charge back with your credit card. That should get them to issue the refund.

Chargebacks are bad for businesses and this order was in May. I figure it would be pretty inconsiderate to push a chargeback without giving Juiced the chance to issue the refund on their own. Furthermore, I don't mind waiting if they aren't keeping my money while they finish the bikes. Don't see them holding my order if I do a chargeback.

To be fair, I think Tora & company have an awful lot on their plate. The CCS's are selling like hot cakes; I'm just very glad
I have one. They were helpful to some extent, but I was left much to figure out on my own. I pretty much made a pest of
myself with questions, but I'm sure they had other things to do. Still, the CCS is amazing. The wait was worth it.

Last edited:
I think the problem is that they had 2 major bikes in development and for whatever reason they are not or can't expand their operations on the support front. This is troubling but hopefully for those who purchased bikes (myself included) I hope they pull through this rocky road and listen.

I purchased from a LBS with the promise of support from the LBS knowing all the issues from Juiced. I love my CCS, its solid, stable with about 200 miles on it so far. I feel like the spoke issue might have been addressed with the CCS. The motor burn out issue is hard to tell the scale of it. We see a few stories on this forum, and it sucks for those who have this issue... My guess is because of the custom 650 watt motor they have to rewind the motors with more copper which means motor disassembly and reassembly. Hopefully this is isolated and they have fixed the QC issue.

But with the poor communication and feedback its hard to tell. Again I'm hoping its growing pains and Tora can delegate some of this stuff, because it seems like when he's in China working at the factory nothing gets answered.

just my .02 I don't mean to defend\bash them just laying out what I see and hopefully for all of us customers its just growing pains...fingers crossed. I'd like this company to be around in a few years when I need a replacement battery. :/

I'm aware of problems with the earlier CCs, but they do seem to be evolving. I saw much of the
same when I got involved with gas motored bikes, but I think the industry in general is moving
toward better quality & performance. Those with less cycling experience are more prone to do
things that will damage their purchase, and failures cannot all be lumped on the seller. I made
a dumb mistake with my CCS yesterday, but luckily, no harm done. Broken spokes are almost
always the rider's fault.

Last edited:
Back