Cannondale Quick Neo SL2 X35

cstoebe

Cannondale.jpgCannondale Wahoo2.jpgPicked up the Cannondale Quick Neo SL2 at REI. Kickstand added. I have 3 other ebikes but I wanted to get back to being able to ride without assist. Easily 14mph on the flats with no assist. Assist just for hills or just to get home, or when that gal passes me on her road bike going about 18. Caught her at the light.. Size L I have a 34 inseam and fit no problem. Added an adjustable stem, Altus 9spd shifts fine. Road vibration no problem, Just get out of the saddle for the big bumps, I've taken it on roads, grass, gravel and trails. Added Orange Seal in the tubes- maybe that will help with a flat. Had to buy new tubes as the originals did not have removable cores. Bike is 36lbs. I was able to add modes and battery level direct to my Wahoo Element gps so no phone app needed. I have the Vegas Honor Ride in November which is 40 mi. so we'll see how the battery lasts. That's a cool ride- police shut down the strip for about the 2-300 riders at the start of the ride and all the tourists clapping for you. Fairly quiet when using assist but not as quiet as my BBS02 on my mtn bike. Of course the mtn bike is full suspension so the ride is smooth, and it goes up anything, I have a Ride1Up Lmtd and it's fairly smooth with an air fork, but it weighs over 50lbs and no way you can ride for long w/o assist. Update- completed 43 miles cumulative and 44% battery left using maybe half of the ride with no assist. Or about 3/4 mile per battery % used. Top speed so far 27mph. I find setting the tire pressure near the hi end of 80-85psi gives a faster more responsive feel. Can't tell any ride quality difference than at 60psi. I like the rear tail light-bright. Having the assist modes and battery dispayed on that Wahoo gps is gold. It just automaticaaly added the fields when paired. No phone apps involved.

View attachment 103063View attachment 103065Picked up the Cannondale Quick Neo SL2 at REI. Kickstand added. I have 3 other ebikes but I wanted to get back to being able to ride without assist. Easily 14mph on the flats with no assist. Assist just for hills or just to get home, or when that gal passes me on her road bike going about 18. Caught her at the light.. Size L I have a 34 inseam and fit no problem. Added an adjustable stem, Altus 9spd shifts fine. Road vibration no problem, Just get out of the saddle for the big bumps, I've taken it on roads, grass, gravel and trails. Added Orange Seal in the tubes- maybe that will help with a flat. Had to buy new tubes as the originals did not have removable cores. Bike is 36lbs. I was able to add modes and battery level direct to my Wahoo Element gps so no phone app needed. I have the Vegas Honor Ride in November which is 40 mi. so we'll see how the battery lasts. That's a cool ride- police shut down the strip for about the 2-300 riders at the start of the ride and all the tourists clapping for you. Fairly quiet when using assist but not as quiet as my BBS02 on my mtn bike. Of course the mtn bike is full suspension so the ride is smooth, and it goes up anything, I have a Ride1Up Lmtd and it's fairly smooth with an air fork, but it weighs over 50lbs and no way you can ride for long w/o assist. Update- completed 43 miles cumulative and 44% battery left using maybe half of the ride with no assist. Or about 3/4 mile per battery % used. Top speed so far 27mph. I find setting the tire pressure near the hi end of 80-85psi gives a faster more responsive feel. Can't tell any ride quality difference than at 60psi. I like the rear tail light-bright. Having the assist modes and battery dispayed on that Wahoo gps is gold. It just automaticaaly added the fields when paired. No phone apps involved.
I’ve had my Cannondale for 2 months and really like it. I see that you added an adjustable stem to your bike. I took mine to a bike shop for an adjustable stem but when he took the cap off and said that it was carbon that it was a no go.
Can you tell me which stem you added and if a bike shop had any issues with installation?
Thanks!

I’ve had my Cannondale for 2 months and really like it. I see that you added an adjustable stem to your bike. I took mine to a bike shop for an adjustable stem but when he took the cap off and said that it was carbon that it was a no go.
Can you tell me which stem you added and if a bike shop had any issues with installation?
Thanks!

The stem just slides onto the fork and you tighten it down. Don't understand your bikeshop. Very easy to do. Anyway, I just picked a stem off amazon and figured out the angle. I ended up just buying the specific stem with the angle and length. Lighter and good fit.

The stem just slides onto the fork and you tighten it down. Don't understand your bikeshop. Very easy to do. Anyway, I just picked a stem off amazon and figured out the angle. I ended up just buying the specific stem with the angle and length. Lighter and good fit.
Thanks!
I talked to another bike shop that sales Cannondale and they found a adjustable stem that would fit. I mentioned what the other bike shop had said about it being a carbon fork but didn’t seem worried.
Do you know if the sterrer is aluminum or carbon?
Thanks!

Thanks!
I talked to another bike shop that sales Cannondale and they found a adjustable stem that would fit. I mentioned what the other bike shop had said about it being a carbon fork but didn’t seem worried.
Do you know if the sterrer is aluminum or carbon?
Thanks!
pretty sure it is metal

I'd be curious as to what the range of this bike is? I've also been unable to find a range extender for this bike for sale anywhere although I've seen them referenced. I understand that an extender for any Mahle ebikemotion X35 will work but they don't seem to be available anywhere. I mostly road bike although I have a Specialized e-bike for hauling cargo and commuting. I'm married to a bike racer and we have a trip planned so I'd like to finish up our rides together or at least within the same millennium! This bike looks like it will fit the bill but the range may be too short for the rides we have planned. Thanks for any input!

I'd be curious as to what the range of this bike is? I've also been unable to find a range extender for this bike for sale anywhere although I've seen them referenced. I understand that an extender for any Mahle ebikemotion X35 will work but they don't seem to be available anywhere. I mostly road bike although I have a Specialized e-bike for hauling cargo and commuting. I'm married to a bike racer and we have a trip planned so I'd like to finish up our rides together or at least within the same millennium! This bike looks like it will fit the bill but the range may be too short for the rides we have planned. Thanks for any input!
I ride mostly flat with some hills when riding on road. I ride mostly bike paths. I’ve noticed with assistance level set at 90% will give you around 55-60 mile range on flat. I don’t use level 2 or 3 much but pretty sure those levels will eat away miles.

I ride mostly flat with some hills when riding on road. I ride mostly bike paths. I’ve noticed with assistance level set at 90% will give you around 55-60 mile range on flat. I don’t use level 2 or 3 much but pretty sure those levels will eat away miles.
Thanks. My Specialized has basically No Assist, Low, Medium, and High (fastest). Where would "90%" on the Cannondale compare?

Thanks. My Specialized has basically No Assist, Low, Medium, and High (fastest). Where would "90%" on the Cannondale compare?
You can customize the assist settings similar to the Specialized ebike via app.
The Cannondale assist levels 0-3. 0 being no assistance which I like also since the bike is fairly light……for a ebike. (Around 33lbs)
90% is on the lowest assist level.

Had strange incident today after a short ride. After turning motor off and while I was taking front wheel off to fit in my SUV, my Cannondale started beeping. It lasted a minute or so then stopped. Checked the app and everything read OK.
Weird

Update- I installed tubeless Continental Terra trail tires from rei 6/2022. So I saved about 2 lbs and I run the tires at 25 front, 35 rear. So much smoother ride and never a flat. The wheels are not rated tubeless but they snapped right up. Stock tires are were heavy and stiff. About 1000 miles on the tubeless tires. Did the Vegas honor ride 40 mile again veterans day. The night before the battery would not take a charge? So I had to "pull" the bike 45 miles instead of it "assisting" me. The next week rei fixed the battery- said just need a factory update.

Back