Can you swap batteries?

Ianuszewicz

Hi,
I curently own 2 e bikes with bosch performance cx 500 w system.
My question is if I can swap batteries from one bike to another. When I go on a longer trip can I keep my second battery fully charged in my backpack and swap it when I drain empty the one on the bike?
Is anyone who can advise me in that issue?
Thank you in advance!

Hi,
I curently own 2 e bikes with bosch performance cx 500 w system.
My question is if I can swap batteries from one bike to another. When I go on a longer trip can I keep my second battery fully charged in my backpack and swap it when I drain empty the one on the bike?
Is anyone who can advise me in that issue?
Thank you in advance!
Yes, you can do that no problem! Before I had my Riese & Muller eBikes with dual batteries, I would do this all of the time.

This is one of the benefits of the Bosch eBike system that is sometimes overlooked - all Bosch eBikes use the same format of battery, and are interchangeable. When they released the new 500Wh battery, they made them backwards compatible with the 400Wh.

There will now be 4 battery formats for Bosch batteries - the current rack or frame mount designs, and the two new "PowerTube" designs that will be integrated into the frame.

Thank you for the quick reply.
I was asking this here because I asked the dealer that sold the bike ( mhw bike germany) and he told absolutly not to do this because i will make software conflict. He said the baterry and the bike sistem have some sort of memory and they are compatible only with the one that come fitted on the bike from factory.
So you tried that and no error?

Hello! You can find our current price in Canadian dollars for the Bosch 500Wh battery pack here: http://citruscycles.ca/bosch-powerpack-500-ebike-battery

We can still get the 400Wh, but we don't list it on our site, as the 500Wh isn't that much more expensive and is worth it to get 25% more range.

From time to time we have customers that trade in their 400Wh for a 500Wh, so you can send me an e-mail if you are interested in being notified when we have a used 400Wh in stock.

Thanks!

I'm wondering if swapping the same Bosch battery between two Bosch equipped bikes with different firmware versions would cause problems. Please see this thread, and more specifically, Chris Nolte's response about updating the battery firmware on a dual battery bike:
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

If both bikes are single battery bikes, there shouldn't be any problems, but of course if you have the opportunity, it is always good to get the latest updates for your drive, battery and display.

All Bosch frame mounted Power Packs are interchangeable and backwards compatible. The same goes for the rack mounted Power Packs.

Swapping batteries that have different firmware versions equipped will prompt an error to pop onto the display. This will let you know that either the battery or the motor is in need of an update. The bike will perform normally aside from the error prompt.

Back