Can you bypass the throttle inhibiter on Aventon Level?

Jcrotty1985

It is my understanding that the Level does not allow you to use the throttle from a stopped position. Does anyone know if there is a (relatively simple) way to bypass that feature? Thanks.

I think the only easy way is to use a Walk mode, it doesn't require 1/4 pedal revolution. From this mode you start moving the pedals and then open the throttle.
Not convenient since you have to hold the button for 3 seconds to activate the walk mode.
It's probably easier to just put all your muscle in it and make that initial 1/4 turn.

I was told the same thing about my Pace 500 at the LBS when I originally bought it. I later called Pace to confirm some settings on my bike and they told me they have no plans to support it. I seldom use the throttle on mine, but when I do, I simply pedal one revolution on PAS 1 and off I go.

My wife has the Pace 350 and her throttle works from a stop without pedaling, but it is a much less powerful bike.

The Aventon bikes do not have throttle on demand, you have to pedal about 1/4 turn before it activates. To make it easy on yourself, when coming to a stop, makes sure your gear selector is in a low speed, preferably one or two. This way when you start up, it will be easy to get going.

The Aventon bikes do not have throttle on demand, you have to pedal about 1/4 turn before it activates. To make it easy on yourself, when coming to a stop, makes sure your gear selector is in a low speed, preferably one or two. This way when you start up, it will be easy to get going.

We were both wrong by a little... :)

I tested my wife's Pace 350 this morning and it does not work from a stop, as I previously thought. I discovered you can get the throttle to work without pedaling, if you get the bike moving more than 3 MPH. I did this by pushing the bike and jumping on, and also by using my feet to propel me without using the pedals. Unlike the Pace 500, the throttle on the Pace 350 continues to work at any speed without pedaling unless you come to a complete stop, which then requires you to get the bike moving again.

Her 350 is a lot less powerful, so it does not have the same "surging feeling" that you get from the 500 when taking off with PAS 1. I like how my bike feels when it surges and she prefers the much softer feel of the 350, so we both got what we wanted.

We were both wrong by a little... :)

I tested my wife's Pace 350 this morning and it does not work from a stop, as I previously thought. I discovered you can get the throttle to work without pedaling, if you get the bike moving more than 3 MPH. I did this by pushing the bike and jumping on, and also by using my feet to propel me without using the pedals. Unlike the Pace 500, the throttle on the Pace 350 continues to work at any speed without pedaling unless you come to a complete stop, which then requires you to get the bike moving again.

Her 350 is a lot less powerful, so it does not have the same "surging feeling" that you get from the 500 when taking off with PAS 1. I like how my bike feels when it surges and she prefers the much softer feel of the 350, so we both got what we wanted.
I got the 500 for my wife mainly since the 350 was not in stock at the time. I was glad I did from the ordering time to unboxing. However once I tested it out and realized these details, I figured this could be an issue, and sure enough it was. She is not into the "surge" of the 500 (0-12Mph) from a dead stop and expected a slower start, and a slower cruising speed in PAS 1, as I would also. For me its "ok", but this is her bike.

In comparison, its AMAZING to me though that I have a basic Sondors bike with Bafang motor and LCD display which has many options to very specifically dial in these settings exactly as the user would like! For example, throttle from a start (on/off), % of throttle based on PAS, overall speed limit of each PAS level and throttle, % of power on each PAS level, etc...... So to me this would be perfect and allow each user to simply program to suite as they choose. I know this is a "branded" bike, but I really dont see any downside to a user programming settings, especially lowering the defaults to suite certain riders. I like the bike for mostly all other areas but not this! Like they said, its best to ride first and find out first hand with a bike before bying to ensure there are no surprises.

Back