can someone tell me if i bought the wrong size bike?

SamsonP

I'm 6 foot 1 and a half, 200 lbs and I bought a 20" stromer st1. I feel like I'm leaned a little too far forward and it's causing my wrists a lot of distress. I can't lower the seat because it bothers my knee.

I have a regular bike with a classic diamond frame that is about 20" (52 cm). I'm 5'9" and it seems to fit me pretty well. Someone else with more Stromer specific knowledge can probably offer an opinion on their 20" frame relative to your height. But I'm mainly responding because a good bike shop should be able to help you with the fit. Changing the stem should go a long way towards alleviating the wrist pain and the LBS should be able to help identify the proper stem length and angle. Hopefully this can be an option for your Stromer.

Sure sounds like the wrong size frame, or just the wrong style bike for you body issues. Did you test ride it before buying?

The easy fix is to raise your handlebars then. Either a riser bar or riser stem. I just installed some 40mm riser bars on my Peak+ which made all the difference in the world. Any decent local bike shop can help or google for an online source.

I've had the same issue with my Radrover with the forward leaning riding position putting a lot of pressure on my hands causing "numb hands" after a long ride. I switched out the handlebar stems with Sunlite 0-60 degree adjustable MTB stem, Amazon, $25. It raised and moved the handlebars back for a more upright riding position. I like the adjustable stem because I can move the handlebars down for my wife or kid when they ride my rover. I also purchased OutdoorMaster Bike Gloves, pair each of half/full fingered that are extra thick and padded, Amazon, $11-$13.

I was also able to rotate my handlebars back for a more comfy upright riding position and the saddle had some adjustment to slide forward or back.

Back