Can PAS sensor be connected to Throttle Cable on Controller?

My ebike has both PAS and Throttle connectors running to the controller. My PAS connector is inaccessible because it is inside the downtube and I’m unable to get to it, but the throttle connector is right at the handlebar. Does anyone know if I could disconnect the throttle and connect the PAS sensor to that connector and once again run my ebike through pedal-assist instead of throttle? The PAS is a standard Hall type sensor with the magnetic disc etc.
Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

I hear what you are saying.
I’m operating under the assumption that a Hall type sensor is simply a glorified throttle that is manipulating throttle function by means of an external sensor with a magnetic disc propelling it. If that assumption is correct, then attaching the Hall type sensor to “another” throttle input should be able to create the same result because the input is being actuated externally.
The throttle function on my ebike can operate when the pedal assist is in 0 (no assist) or in any other of 1 through 5 PAS settings, so conceivably swapping the throttle out for a PAS sensor might be possible since it is functional at all levels.
I posted here to see if anyone else knows about this or if anyone has tried this before to see whether this is feasible or doable.

I understand that the Cycle Analyst can take a PAS pulse train signal and generate a DC voltage that will drive a throttle input.

People have programmed Arduino's to read that PAS signal and put out a DC signal to drive the throttle too. I always wanted to try this, but it's not a high priority.

Cut the PAS cable, pull it free, splice repair 3 wires properly, wrap and re-route the repaired cable?

Thanks for those suggestions. The problem I’m having is that the waterproof connector for the PAS sensor cable is stuck inside the middle of the downtube and I’m having a hell of a time getting to it. I was trying to replace the sensor because it was destroyed by a mean case of chainsuck and in trying to fish the cable connector down to the bottom bracket it popped off and I cannot fish it out. So I was trying to problem solve since I’m not having any luck with fishing.

If your controller is inside the battery cradle, open that and you should be able to find one end of the PAS cable.

hailong.jpg

Last edited:
Back