Can I get advice in plain easy to understand English please

CanNik

Region
United Kingdom
Remember I have Autism, thanks (NOT stupid)

I have two bikes both with Bafang motors, 100% identical setup.

On one it is no effort cycling in setting 1 of 9, in 8th gear, for the other bike to be as "nimble" it has to be on power setting 4.

How do you "look" at the "power" settings of each 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/ please, many thanks

I have a lead that connects to a PC that came with them

the problem is one bike does not have the "boost for want of a better word" in 1/2/3 as the other bike would like to set them both up the same so ANY BAFANG users advice appreciated thanks.

I want to get both 8 speed bikes the same/equal in all power settings

I also have whatever this is ?

1719152485538.png

Attachments

• IMG_1617.JPG
    IMG_1617.JPG
    393.8 KB · Views: 30
  • ddd (3).jpg
    ddd (3).jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 28
Since I'm not a Bafang user, this probably won't help but FWIW, I have 3 identical bikes with Dapu motor / controllers. The actual assist levels for each PAS setting do not match on any of them. The bike maker says this is a controller program setting which only a dealer can adjust. Rather than haul all 3 bikes to the dealer, 4 hours away, I just put up with the problem.

If you got the bikes from a local dealer, perhaps he can help.

Hopefully, someone with Bafang experience can help you understand the menu you posted.

Are your controllers CANBUS communication protocol, or UART?

If CANBUS, the settings are probably locked down, and the BESST software will most likely reqire a dealer account with Bafang to program the controller.
If UART, you can change the settings to match each other.

If they are UART, here is all of the info you will need.

Since I'm not a Bafang user, this probably won't help but FWIW, I have 3 identical bikes with Dapu motor / controllers. The actual assist levels for each PAS setting do not match on any of them. The bike maker says this is a controller program setting which only a dealer can adjust. Rather than haul all 3 bikes to the dealer, 4 hours away, I just put up with the problem.

If you got the bikes from a local dealer, perhaps he can help.

Hopefully, someone with Bafang experience can help you understand the menu you posted.

No no help as they are 100% configurable

Download the software that Tom linked to and install it on a Windows PC.
Read the article as it's pretty complete. But basically you will use the downloaded software to connect to the display cable of the motor controller and make some adjustments.
But first you'll want to save the current configuration on your PC.
Let us know what questions you may have.

This is where I am stuck now

I am used to downloading a file to the computer and opening it with say, peazip or similar, this is beyond me :(

I get this

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 22
This is where I am stuck now

I am used to downloading a file to the computer and opening it with say, peazip or similar, this is beyond me :(

I get this
Actually, you can use this online tool without downloading the softare. I've used both the online tool and the download software.
As recommended above by @ilMunduato, save your current config settings to a file, but also screenshot them too.

Back