Can a Vado 2.0 battery be upgraded?

ChezCheese:)

Region
USA
City
Kitsap Co, WA
Is it possible (if a battery could be found) to get a larger battery for the Vado 2.0? Like, swap one in from a later/fancier Vado model? I have a 600w battery on my BH Atom Diamond Wave Pro, and my husband's ebike starts to run out of juice quite a bit sooner than mine, curtailing our rides. Any thoughts?

Is it possible (if a battery could be found) to get a larger battery for the Vado 2.0? Like, swap one in from a later/fancier Vado model? I have a 600w battery on my BH Atom Diamond Wave Pro, and my husband's ebike starts to run out of juice quite a bit sooner than mine, curtailing our rides. Any thoughts?
I believe all Vado batteries are interchangeable. The 604WHr Vado 5 battery should fit, though you'll want to go through your LBS to be sure and to have the new battery updated with the latest compatible firmware release.

Ride On!

You would also need to swap the battery cover. The better idea is to order not only the larger battery as Tim says but also an extra battery cover (it is inexpensive). Then the old battery could be used as a spare.

Yes, I have a VADO 1.0 and purchased a new 600WH battery. The price was not cheap, about 1300 USD. Note, you also needed a new charger. I purchased face plate etc.. The plan is to carry a spare battery in my rear trunk.

Yikes. $1300! It might be better to sell the 2.0 and buy a whole new ebike. 🤔

I depend on the battery to ride, since I cannot climb hills due to illness. FYI, the new battery got me about 43 miles at full turbo power with 3% left. This was on the flattest back roads I could find, which still meant about 2200 ft ascending. Now my VADO 1.0 has a broken frame, waiting on a replacement from Specialized.

Yes, I have a VADO 1.0 and purchased a new 600WH battery. The price was not cheap, about 1300 USD. Note, you also needed a new charger. I purchased face plate etc.. The plan is to carry a spare battery in my rear trunk.
Mine was USD925 including the faceplate. New price increase?

Mine was USD925 including the faceplate. New price increase?

MSRP for the battery is $1000, perhaps there's an installation and firmware update charge? They're hard to get too...

There's lots of upgrades on the newer Vado's depending on which one you're looking at. Biggest difference is the 4.0 and 5.0 for 2020 and beyond are class 3 bikes, better drive train, better brakes. If you don't need the class 3 or much more powerful motor of the 5.0 then the battery upgrade might work fine for you.

If your current Vado has the older Blox display, rather than upgrading to the TCD-W and battery, a new bike might not be a bad idea. We've got one TCD-W left and I think I might be able to get a battery. TCD-W upgrade for parts alone is $160 I believe. The improved brakes on the 5.0 as well as 11 speed drivetrain and the motor make it the best deal around, my $.02

MSRP for the battery is $1000, perhaps there's an installation and firmware update charge? They're hard to get too...

There's lots of upgrades on the newer Vado's depending on which one you're looking at. Biggest difference is the 4.0 and 5.0 for 2020 and beyond are class 3 bikes, better drive train, better brakes. If you don't need the class 3 or much more powerful motor of the 5.0 then the battery upgrade might work fine for you.

If your current Vado has the older Blox display, rather than upgrading to the TCD-W and battery, a new bike might not be a bad idea. We've got one TCD-W left and I think I might be able to get a battery. TCD-W upgrade for parts alone is $160 I believe. The improved brakes on the 5.0 as well as 11 speed drivetrain and the motor make it the best deal around, my $.02
I know I paid about 1330 USD for new 604 WH battery with new charger, faceplate, and taxes in Frederick, MD, USA.

My wife has 504ah battery ( waiting 604ah) and I have 604ah battery. When wife get her new battery I adjust her bike's Eco power 10% more than my bike's Eco power. So our betteries consumption are near egual. If you can do same with your bike, that is one possibility to have same km with bikes.

Back