C7 power setting adjustment

Here is a picture of the T1000 showing the location of the controller.
Inkedt-1000-5_2 (1)_LI.jpg

@Fred thanks for the picture and you are right there is ESC (electronic speed controller) and this controller control when to turn on the motor. The DAS-Kit C7 display is used to program the ESC. It is not a dumb terminal that is just used for displaying information on the LCD it has the intelligence to take your input and send it to ESC. That's why some people are trying to hack on it to further increase the speed limit on the bike. see this thread https://electricbikereview.com/foru...on-on-my-ncm-500w-48v-moscow-plus-29er.32699/. Unfortunately, some of these C7 has been loaded with firmware that does not contain functionality like the one I'm looking for.

Right now the pedal-assist really does not work. The minute I pedal (with PAS set to 1) the bike will just speed up that I can easily pass 15Km/h if I continue pedaling, because of this I need to stop pedaling. I want an e-bike, not an electric scooter. I want to enjoy riding a bike with my kids with ease. I'm hoping that if I can set the Eco or normal mode this issue will be solved.

@Everlong now that you are able to switch to Normal or ECO mode have you noticed a difference in how the bike reacts when are you using it?

@Fred thanks for the picture and you are right there is ESC (electronic speed controller) and this controller control when to turn on the motor. The DAS-Kit C7 display is used to program the ESC. It is not a dumb terminal that is just used for displaying information on the LCD it has the intelligence to take your input and send it to ESC. That's why some people are trying to hack on it to further increase the speed limit on the bike. see this thread https://electricbikereview.com/foru...on-on-my-ncm-500w-48v-moscow-plus-29er.32699/. Unfortunately, some of these C7 has been loaded with firmware that does not contain functionality like the one I'm looking for.

Right now the pedal-assist really does not work. The minute I pedal (with PAS set to 1) the bike will just speed up that I can easily pass 15Km/h if I continue pedaling, because of this I need to stop pedaling. I want an e-bike, not an electric scooter. I want to enjoy riding a bike with my kids with ease. I'm hoping that if I can set the Eco or normal mode this issue will be solved.

@Everlong now that you are able to switch to Normal or ECO mode have you noticed a difference in how the bike reacts when are you using i
A little bit

A little bit
If you set to ECO mode and PAS 1 will the bike still push you strong? Or does it feel like pedaling a non-motorized bike with ease regardless if it is uphill and you manage to keep your cruising speed while pedaling?

If you set to ECO mode and PAS 1 will the bike still push you strong? Or does it feel like pedaling a non-motorized bike with ease regardless if it is uphill and you manage to keep your cruising speed while pedaling?
Here's the way I think it works:
The various PAS levels are each associated with a speed and the controller will provide the assist needed to get you up to that speed and to maintain it. This is regardless of whether it is in Eco, Normal, or Power mode.

The mode just sets how fast it tries to get you to that designated PAS level speed. In other words, how much current is provided as you ramp up.

In my case, I have found Eco provides a more natural feel.

Maybe someone else can comment or clarify if my understanding is correct.

Here's the way I think it works:
The various PAS levels are each associated with a speed and the controller will provide the assist needed to get you up to that speed and to maintain it. This is regardless of whether it is in Eco, Normal, or Power mode.

The mode just sets how fast it tries to get you to that designated PAS level speed. In other words, how much current is provided as you ramp up.

In my case, I have found Eco provides a more natural feel.

Maybe someone else can comment or clarify if my understanding is correct.
@Fred thank you for your input, this is what exactly what I'm looking for. I want to know from those who have ebike that initially has a locked to power mode only, how does the bike work now? Does it perform like what Fred mention here in a more natural way when in Eco mode?

@Fred thank you for your input, this is what exactly what I'm looking for. I want to know from those who have ebike that initially has a locked to power mode only, how does the bike work now? Does it perform like what Fred mention here in a more natural way when in Eco mode?
I probably should have said "slightly more natural feel" although this is subjective of course; it's been so long since I permanently switched to Eco that I don't remember what the other modes felt like.

I probably should have said "slightly more natural feel" although this is subjective of course; it's been so long since I permanently switched to Eco that I don't remember what the other modes felt like.
I really appreciate it if anyone who replace their C7 with unlocked version can share if you seen change the way the bike accelerate on Eco mode. This will prove that controller programmability is there, just the C7 prohibited you from accessing it. If there's no change it means that controller is fixed to power mode only. And whatever C7 send to the controller will be ignored.

I really appreciate it if anyone who replace their C7 with unlocked version can share if you seen change the way the bike accelerate on Eco mode. This will prove that controller programmability is there, just the C7 prohibited you from accessing it. If there's no change it means that controller is fixed to power mode only. And whatever C7 send to the controller will be ignored.
Maybe I missed something... Has anyone actually tried an "unlocked" c7 on the bikes that are missing the eco and normal modes such as the t720 and t1000? I had understood that users were putting unlocked c7 displays on bikes to change their top speed.

Maybe I missed something... Has anyone actually tried an "unlocked" c7 on the bikes that are missing the eco and normal modes such as the t720 and t1000? I had understood that users were putting unlocked c7 displays on bikes to change their top speed.
@PT109, On this thread, we are trying to test if we can really activate Eco mode by using unlocked C7. There's another thread where someone tries to hack C7 to go beyond the max program top speed.

Today I replaced the Das-kit C7 display with access to the Normal and Eco mode. I did not notice any difference even setting it to ECO mode, the bike still outputs high torque. For this bike to start smoothly you need to set PAS 0 when starting. I going to test another ebike from another brand with the same motor power and see if they are the same as this bike. Maybe I'm used to 250W ebike and jumping to 500W feels too much.

Hello, found this forum while trying to enable Eco mode on my NCM Milano Plus from Leon Cycles. Got in to the settings successfully, but like the above commenter, I really don't notice any difference. When I go in to settings again, it's on Eco, so it saved the setting. But it seems to take off just as fast as usual. I was trying it around the parking lot so I was mostly trying the 0-15km acceleration range, perhaps the slower acceleration is only apparent higher than this? Or does it mean my bike is somehow 'locked' to Power mode, regardless of the settings?

The acceleration doesn't bother me, I find it easy to ride, I was just hoping for a way to save battery for a longer trip soon.

Back