Burley kids trailer ok w/mid drive motor?

seinberg

I want to get a trailer for going on adventures in the city with my kids. Specifically the Honey Bee Burley trailer. I have a Gazelle T10 HMD speed, with the performance mid drive Bosch motor. Am I going to burn out the motor or reduce the life of it if I do a bunch of rides on reasonably hilly terrain with two kids in the trailer? They weigh about 60-70 lbs combined. I’m looking forward to riding with them but also don’t want to destroy my fancy new ebike :)

Thanks all!

For the archives: spoke to the shop where I bought the bike (Propel) and they said no problem at all towing the trailer with both kids and even a full cargo area. Anywhere below 200-250ish lbs should be fine as long as it’s in the proper gear and I keep a decent cadence.

Yeah you’ll have no problems, enjoy riding with your family, it’s great.

Attachments

• 3DA91EE5-01E3-4221-851F-4D8542088800.jpeg
    3DA91EE5-01E3-4221-851F-4D8542088800.jpeg
    267.4 KB · Views: 384
Yeah you’ll have no problems, enjoy riding with your family, it’s great.
Yeah, it’s great! Kids love it, especially having the windows on the side to look out from.

Attachments

• 53145480-35EF-4588-A315-0779AFD545E4.jpeg
    53145480-35EF-4588-A315-0779AFD545E4.jpeg
    221.3 KB · Views: 376
Summer brings out the haters...outside the hardware store this morning, I am finishing loading an hvac filter in the trailer trunk, when some random elderly lady walks up to me and says “my son hated riding in a trailer like that... I replied “that’s a shame, my daughter loves it”. Also New York State introduced ebike legislation this week including the wording "no person less than sixteen years of age shall...ride as a passenger upon a bicycle with electric assist”. Family Biking must really threaten some pathetic folks sense of well-being...

Last edited:
Summer brings out the haters...outside the hardware store this morning, I am finishing loading an hvac filter in the trailer trunk, when some random elderly lady walks up to me and says “my son hated riding in a trailer like that... I replied “that’s a shame, my daughter loves it”. Also New York State introduced ebike legislation this week including the wording "no person less than sixteen years of age shall...ride as a passenger upon a bicycle with electric assist”. Family Biking must really threaten some pathetic folks sense of well-being...
Really crazy how weirdly misunderstood they are. It’s hard to imagine why it’s such a threat...

Back