Bulls?

mikemike

Anybody buying Bulls bikes in US - or it just me ? ;-)
I see this thread almost completely dead

p.s. I got copperhead am2

I have an E-STREAM EVO 45 AM and even after trying to remember that name I still get asked subcategory questions from Bulls when making inquiries lol.
Only negative I can add is their support seems a bit scatterbrained at the least. Took me 1 year to get a faulty display replaced that was DOA, with a messages of "its on its way!" about every 2 weeks. (No joke, it just arrived yesterday and the bike was received 07/16/2019.)

I have an E-STREAM EVO 45 AM and even after trying to remember that name I still get asked subcategory questions from Bulls when making inquiries lol.
Only negative I can add is their support seems a bit scatterbrained at the least. Took me 1 year to get a faulty display replaced that was DOA, with a messages of "its on its way!" about every 2 weeks. (No joke, it just arrived yesterday and the bike was received 07/16/2019.)

Well, for bikes costing this much, that's definitely not good. 🤔 Bulls is now off my list for my fall buy. :cool:

Well.. It still nice looking bikes :). Looks like their support working - at least I got reply relatively fast on online chat - about derailleur hanger.
I guess trek or specialized could be 'safer' choice - due their larger dealer network

I bought a Bulls Evo 3 Hardtail eMTB in Fall 2018. Over 5k miles at this point

At the time, I wanted a Brose Motor Bike with the biggest available battery and the 650wh battery on my Bulls has been awesome.

I bought my bike from a LBS specializing in ebikes. I went to several shops and specifically picked this bike shop due to the quality of the people working there and their reputation.

I love the bike, all high quality parts and well designed. I didnt like the suntour fork but everything else as top notch (and Im a bike parts snob).

My experience is just the opposite from canucks44. My battery went bad after1.5 years (about 5000miles). Took it to the LBS and after 2 hours of him diagnosing things(mostly waiting for charging) with Bulls on the phone, I got a new battery shipped(no cost to me).

Bulls has an EXCELLENT battery warranty (4 years). Best I have seen in the industry.

The key here IMHO is to buy from a quality LBS. You will pay more up front but will likely regain your costs if something goes wrong and needs to be resolved (the replacement battery was about $1k).

Bulls operates on the LBS support model just like brands like specialized. You buy from a LBS and the LBS resolves any issues. I have owned many specialized bikes and any issues I have had including full frame replacements have been handled easily by the LBS.

I recently ordered a new display/control unit(damaged from a crash) thru the LBS and got it within a week.

FWIW, I dont buy all my bikes from LBS. I actually prefer to buy framesets and build my own bikes but went the LBS route with 2 of my 3 ebikes. I have also built up 2 of my own ebikes.

Last edited:
Anybody buying Bulls bikes in US - or it just me ? ;-)
I see this thread almost completely dead

I thought the same thing @mikemike. Glad to know I'm not alone. Congrats on that Copperhead!

I'm looking at one of their eMTB offerings:
1) Copperhead Evo AM3
2) E-stream Evo AM 4
3) E-stream Evo 45 AM.

Only thing holding me back is the difficulty swapping out the stem, I want to change the rider stance a bit to suit my needs. Bulls have proprietary stems and that makes it harder.

Help with narrowing it down welcome :).

I was looking at the New Iconic EVo 1 thats coming to LBS late this month.

Naming on all ebikes ridiculous, am surprised Bulls is not mentioned here a lot.

What makes you interested ? I like the full suspension and commuter qualities, 28 mph. Seems like a real all around bike.

It was on my broader list of bikes to checkout. What made me interested was the all rounder nature as you mention: FS, class 3. I like how Bulls refers to it as an "eSUV" :D. Apart from the fact it's not yet out, I found the E-Stream 45 AM which is a better fit for me. I want something more for trail use and I won't be using the bike to commute. The E-stream I mentioned I think has better shock absorbers and is a Class 3 if I wanted that on a eMTB.

Only thing holding me back is the difficulty swapping out the stem, I want to change the rider stance a bit to suit my needs. Bulls have proprietary stems and that makes it harder.
yeah... stems... I bought kiox upgrade kit - and then realized that it is not going to fit into existing stem... now trying to figure out solution...

1) Copperhead Evo AM3
as for copperhead am * - I believe it's all almost same bike with slight variations on wheels and forks.
Same drivetrain (sram SX), brakes, dropper, etc.

Main benefit for me of copperhead- was gen4 bosch and 624w battery. Downside of bosch - you need to visit dealer to do updates (I found dealer few miles away and just flashed 85nm update)

yeah... stems... I bought kiox upgrade kit - and then realized that it is not going to fit into existing stem... now trying to figure out solution...

Gosh I didn't think it would limit a display unit upgrade :(. One more thing to worry about while choosing.

Main benefit for me of copperhead- was gen4 bosch and 624w battery. Downside of bosch - you need to visit dealer to do updates (I found dealer few miles away and just flashed 85nm update)

Did you consider the Brose offerings at all? The E-stream AM 3/4 come with 750 Wh batteries. I know the output from the Brose is a bit more so maybe it doesn't mean much - but I'm still attracted to those for the 90 Nm and larger battery. Can't make up my mind though.

as for stem - that's how it looks - and included kiox mount is for standard 'round' stem... I guess I can still screw it in on top - but it's going to be ugly... trying to find other solution (i know one exists - acid kiox mount - but it sold out everywhere)

1594933372333.png

Did you consider the Brose offerings at all? The E-stream AM 3/4 come with 750 Wh batteries. I know the output from the Brose is a bit more so maybe it doesn't mean much - but I'm still attracted to those for the 90 Nm and larger battery. Can't make up my mind though.
I decided to go with bosch due their larger network (well - at least I think so :) ), shift detection and gen4... but probably main reason was that I got good offer on copperhead :)

85nm vs 90nm - not big difference - same about size and weight of motors...

Sometimes a quiet thread can be a good thing. The company probably has very few quality issues, if there are few complaints here. Their ebikes do seem a bit higher priced than most of the people on this forum seem willing to spend. And at those higher prices there is a lot more models to choose from via many competitors. Bulls models remind me of Haibike in several ways: 1) in looks, 2) too many overlapping models, 3) hard to remember names, 4) and not easy to discern differences between the models from the name or even pouring through the specs.

If I'm buying my fourth e-bike that would be Bulls E-stream Evo 45 AM. Yet:
  • I'm in Poland, the Germany's neighbour
  • Bulls have a respected LBS in Poland
  • The bike comes with full Euro "S-Pedelec" specification here.

Reactions: TMH
If I'm buying my fourth e-bike that would be Bulls E-stream Evo 45 AM. Yet:
  • I'm in Poland, the Germany's neighbour
  • Bulls have a respected LBS in Poland
  • The bike comes with full Euro "S-Pedelec" specification here.

I like that bike a LOT as well. But... (say it isn't so!) I'm just not in the market for any new e-bikes at the moment. Our current stable is full!

@Stefan Mikes so no concerns with the Brose motor reliability then? Or is it just because that is the only Class 3 FS they offer?

I've got Brose motors on 3 bikes - eMTB, Road/Gravel and Road/Commuter. Their power and quietness have always been so pleasing that I never even think of reliability. Haven't had an issue with any of them.

And, more to the original point of this thread, we do own a Bulls Cross-E Diamond which my wife rides and enjoys very much (especially in its de-restricted state). I will admit that the 3 reasons we bought it included Bulls reputation, need for a thinner tired training bike for my wife, and an incredible deal at Crazy Lenny's ($1,680). The bike shows fine design and construction, excellent parts/components (for the level of bike that it is), nice little touches not provided on similar style/price range bikes, and it has been completely reliable and fun for her to ride.

Both based on research and ownership, I have a very high regard for Bulls bikes. And I can get over their naming conventions even if I don't understand them. ;)

Back