Brooks Cambium Seat (19) - a little bit of heaven

drcollie

My Stromer came with a very cool, very trick, very expensive Fizik seat. it looks great on the bike and was a torture rack. I was told by my buddy who rides road bikes regularly "Get your ass broke into the seat, give it 300 miles or several weeks". So I did. Hated it.

I went with a Brooks Cambium in the wider width (19) and this was a excellent move. The seat isn't sexy like the Fizik, but wow - it's super comfortable. Picking a seat out is one of those things where not one size fits all, so you have to try to find one that works for you. This one is a sure winner for me :

http://www.brooksengland.com/en_uk/saddles/cambium-c19-1.html

I bought 3 of the most talked about comfort seats when I went back to upright bikes. The Planet Bike a.r.s is my favorite and a great seat.

Brooks saddles are legendary for their comfort, usually after a break in period. I'm glad to see them branching out into new materials.

What interested you instead of say a Brooks flyer imperial ? I've been tossing the idea around myself ... Like the cut out for circulation etc.
I see you have a suspension post ... Guess that figured into the choice ?

Tks, B.

The Cambium is made of rubber, not leather like a traditional Brooks I had 30 years ago. No break in on the Cambium its ready to go out of the box. I remember how miserable that old leather Brooks was until it was broken in, I didn't want to have to go through all that again. Suspension post (Body Float) I put on with the Fizik seat, it's quite helpful.

Back