Brake Lever Jamming

Highlander2021

Region
United Kingdom
I have a Pedego Comfort Cruiser with hydraulic calippers but steal cables,the brake lever is jamming and i have to push open the hydraulic calippers with my hand,i sprayed WD40 lubricant into the brake cable sleeve next to the lever and i sprayed lubricant into the brake pistons and cable sleeve,does anyone know why the brakes are jamming?

I have a Pedego Comfort Cruiser with hydraulic calippers but steal cables,the brake lever is jamming and i have to push open the hydraulic calippers with my hand,i sprayed WD40 lubricant into the brake cable sleeve next to the lever and i sprayed lubricant into the brake pistons and cable sleeve,does anyone know why the brakes are jamming?
It could be from road grit. I had a similar issue a while back when riding through an area under construction repeatedly. There was a fine stone dust (similar to talc in size) that fouled the rear caliper. I removed the caliper and cleaned it well with Simple Green degreaser. Then got it moving well again by cleaning it with WD40 while actuating it being careful not to extend it past it's full range as no rotor or pads were present. You can use a thin piece of wood as a spacer to be sure not to over extend the pistons. Then cleaned it up again with the Simple Green. It happened again about a month later as I was still passing through the construction area so I had to repeat the cleaning. Since the rain has now washed the construction area clean it hasn't happened again and the caliper is working perfectly.

Last edited:
Thanks for all your advice,the WD40 lubricant worked by the following day and the brake lever is not jamming any more.

Thanks for all your advice,the WD40 lubricant worked by the following day and the brake lever is not jamming any more.
Coolio
WD40 in these scenarios works best if a minimal amount is used so you may want to wipe everything down with a clean rag. This will keep it from attracting dirt and becoming a gunky future problem.

Back