Bleeding brakes

I have found by accident that it's not a problem but that could be just on my Shimano setup. but if you take it easy you can move the pistons out a bit. they actually don't want to stay out at all. Now if you take the pads out then peddle the bike to change gears before taking the wheel off then squeeze the lever fully ya that can do it. Plus if the pistons need cleaned yo need to do that anyway. just not a fully hard squeeze.
But in this instance it's not necessary... and I did say "possibly"
In any/all cases I'd still use some type of block like the plastic ones in the bleed kit or when purchasing new calipers

But in this instance it's not necessary... and I did say "possibly"
In any/all cases I'd still use some type of block like the plastic ones in the bleed kit or when purchasing new calipers
but it wont let you get the pistons a bit closer to the rotors. the only way to do that is with nothing in the way. even then the pistons may not say out father so it can be a waste of time.

but it wont let you get the pistons a bit closer to the rotors. the only way to do that is with nothing in the way. even then the pistons may not say out father so it can be a waste of time.
If you top up the fluid... You're done.
No need to do your extra pointless step. 🙃

Back