Bought another photon and this one failed also.

knightrider

Region
USA
Bought another photon 3 wks ago and this morning it quit working. 145 miles on this one. F
irst one I got from BMW this one came from John N/O. I don`t blame these guys by no means. This is definitely it for me with cyc. I thought maybe the second one I bought would be trouble free and the first ones problems were a thing of the past. Wrong. I will talk with the seller about sending it in for repairs. Sad that the cheapest motor out there continues to be the most reliable. This is almost enough to turn me to gas bikes and kick the battery junk to the curb. The sad thing is I like the e bikes but the integrity is not there. And the cost of batteries is ridiculous. When you add it all up it just isn`t worth it to me.

Sorry to hear your troubles with the Photon and thank you for sharing the experience. I considered a Photon for a short while but turned back towards a Bafang BBS02 after hearing of issues with CYC.
The BBS02 is still young with only 1000 miles but it runs flawlessly and is extremely quiet too.

I'm a bit surprised CYC hasn't worked out the reliability issues with their Photon motor. Having said that, CYC has a habit of using their customer base as beta testers.

Back