Bosch LED Remote Details & Settings

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys, I'm making deep-dive guides for each of the Bosch Smart System components. This one is focused on the LED Remote. The video below is a detailed walkthrough of sensors, buttons, and LED readouts. The LED remote is the main interface for powering on the bike, activating lights, activating walk mode, and selecting from the four levels of pedal assist (ECO, TOUR+, eMTB, and TURBO). There's an ambient light sensor, an anti-lock brake (ABS) icon, a five-LED battery indicator (with blue and white colors to express whether an increment is full or half full for 10% feedback), and a large LED bar with colors that correspond to the different levels of assist. On the base of the button pad, just below the - key, is a USB-C port that is designed for diagnostics only (no USB charging). The LED remote connects to smartphones with Bluetooth Low Energy 5.0 (BLE), and the app is compatible with iOS and Android devices. The rocker buttons are more reliable and satisfying than every other Bosch control pad, in my opinion, and the LED Remote is very adjustable side-to-side making it very easy to reach and press while riding. If you'd like to learn about the optional Bosch Kiox 300, I've created a separate guide here. I also created a full guide for the eBike Flow smartphone app here.

bosch-led-remote-and-kiox-300.jpgbosch-led-remote-details-and-settings.jpgbosch-led-remote-top-view-power-button-ambient-light-sensor.jpgbosch-led-remote-bottom-view-usb-c-diagnostics-connection-port.jpg

As always, I appreciate your corrections, additions, and will do my best to provide answers and clarification as needed! Hope you're well :)

Attachments

• bosch-ebike-smart-system-led-remote.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 657
Last edited:
More useful would be something about where you can get a bike with the new system!

A bike with ABS? Where?
Riese & Muller have had ABS in a few models, maybe just HS, not sure which though for a few years now.

Riese & Muller have had ABS in a few models, maybe just HS, not sure which though for a few years now.
It is very difficult to find an ABS equipped R&M model in their website nowadays. In the past, very few models in very specific configuration (for example, only for a specific display) were offered by R&M, and that option was limited to Europe. As the ABS would require very special brakes and their arrangement, it is interesting what brand would come with Smart System ABS, and for what region.

it is interesting what brand would come with Smart System ABS, and for what region.
I'm not very interested. I still like the 'feel' of my Shimano Deore XT brakes and especially like the feel & flexibility of the Rohloff manual shift.
Until an ebike can completely drive me home by itself after i've had too many Beers then i think i'd like to fall off every now and then to teach myself a lesson, again :)

I'm not very interested. I still like the 'feel' of my Shimano Deore XT brakes and especially like the feel & flexibility of the Rohloff manual shift.
Until an ebike can completely drive me home by itself after i've had too many Beers then i think i'd like to fall off every now and then to teach myself a lesson, again :)
The e-bike ABS is certainly of interest to technocrats (those guys with Di2 shifting, automatic Rohloff etc) but I agree the practical use of the ABS in e-bikes is to be neglected. If I crash on an e-bike it is not because my wheels got blocked...

No ABS will stop a bike crash on black ice; only studded tyres can do it. (Ah, you are from Oz webcurl, sorry!) :)

No ABS will stop a bike crash on black ice; only studded tyres can do it. (Ah, you are from Oz webcurl, sorry!) :)
Have never seen Polski black ice but nearly ended up at the bottom of the side of a decent hill once thanks to Deutsch black ice on a road over there (in a car) :)
Over here only have to worry about dry fine powder dirt and stuff, out of town maybe the occasional snake.

Back