Bosch Kiox Update

Bosch has touted a new version of Kiox software for app and portal with several interesting features. I am interested in the LOCK feature. I have updated my Kiox software and had my LBS update my bike to the latest software versions. I am still unable to see the features that Bosch advertises on it eBike connect website. Has anybody in the US been successful installing and using these new features? If so, could you indicate the steps you took to make it all work.

Thank you.

Bosch has touted a new version of Kiox software for app and portal with several interesting features. I am interested in the LOCK feature. I have updated my Kiox software and had my LBS update my bike to the latest software versions. I am still unable to see the features that Bosch advertises on it eBike connect website. Has anybody in the US been successful installing and using these new features? If so, could you indicate the steps you took to make it all work.

Thank you.

Two points.

1) I think the LOCK function is extra $ so did you make an in-app purchase or whatever needs to be done?

2) My German is pretty decent, so I looked at a German site to see if people are having problems. Do you have one of the new motors? I’ll translate, although I’ll bet you can figure this out:

“... the Lock function is activated for 3rd generation (ActiveLine, Active Line Plus, Performance Line) and 4th generation (Performance Line Speed, Cargo Line, Cargo Line Speed, Performance Line CX) motors. No other products can use Lock!”

Attachments

• F813CC19-EE20-4A93-A0FC-D5A6F17CDDA4.jpeg
    F813CC19-EE20-4A93-A0FC-D5A6F17CDDA4.jpeg
    20.7 KB · Views: 439
I have a 2019 R&M Homage-3rd generation? I see nowhere in the App Store or the application to make an in-App purchase.
I wonder if these features have not made to the US. I can see these features in the German App Store.
Thanks for your help

I have a 2019 R&M Homage-3rd generation? I see nowhere in the App Store or the application to make an in-App purchase.
I wonder if these features have not made to the US. I can see these features in the German App Store.
Thanks for your help

That’s 2nd Gen.

Two points.

1) I think the LOCK function is extra $ so did you make an in-app purchase or whatever needs to be done?

2) My German is pretty decent, so I looked at a German site to see if people are having problems. Do you have one of the new motors? I’ll translate, although I’ll bet you can figure this out:

“... the Lock function is activated for 3rd generation (ActiveLine, Active Line Plus, Performance Line) and 4th generation (Performance Line Speed, Cargo Line, Cargo Line Speed, Performance Line CX) motors. No other products can use Lock!”

Does the "lock" feature inhibit the motor from turning? On the R&M Superdelite (gen4 cx), without this feature activated, when you remove the kiox, you cannot change gears (Rohloff) or engage assist which is default OFF when you turn the bike on via the battery switch. What would this $8.99 add-on do for me?

Does the "lock" feature inhibit the motor from turning? On the R&M Superdelite (gen4 cx), without this feature activated, when you remove the kiox, you cannot change gears (Rohloff) or engage assist which is default OFF when you turn the bike on via the battery switch. What would this $8.99 add-on do for me?
You said last week you returned the bike and were going to buy something different. Did you change your mind?

I meant to post an update on that thread; returned it, yes....I then contacted the owner, laid out in detail my experience and we were able to work it out. Re-bought an identical bike, no paint scratches and performed waay better out the shop. The various misunderstandings I contribute partially to the current crisis, was a weird way to kick off a new biker/store relationship, with limited access to personnel, their bikes and the shop.

Yes, lock the motor. I don’t own the Kiox, but I’d guess another person could come along with a Kiox and ride off with your bike. When I take my bike (Intuvia mount) in for service, I don’t leave my Nyon with them. They just use one of their own displays. if I a had a Kiox with this software feature, I’d have to leave them an unlocked bike.

I‘m curious — where did you buy your bike? I’m surprised anyone has a 2020 SuperDelite CX floor model right now.

Yes, lock the motor. I don’t own the Kiox, but I’d guess another person could come along with a Kiox and ride off with your bike. When I take my bike (Intuvia mount) in for service, I don’t leave my Nyon with them. They just use one of their own displays. if I a had a Kiox with this software feature, I’d have to leave them an unlocked bike.

I‘m curious — where did you buy your bike? I’m surprised anyone has a 2020 SuperDelite CX floor model right now.
What does lock mean in this case? Off or cease (resist any movement)

Back