Bosch battery failures

LBS failure in my view.
Couldn’t blame the LBS on that one. They did everything they could including multiple tests over several weeks’ time per Bosch instructions. And yes, scarcity of batteries surely had an impact.

We also learned a good lesson from the LBS, i.e., don’t swap batteries between bikes for diagnostics. If the problem was with the motor or controller, it could fry the 2nd battery as well — which would not be a warranty repair.

Couldn’t blame the LBS on that one. They did everything they could including multiple tests over several weeks’ time per Bosch instructions. And yes, scarcity of batteries surely had an impact.

We also learned a good lesson from the LBS, i.e., don’t swap batteries between bikes for diagnostics. If the problem was with the motor or controller, it could fry the 2nd battery as well — which would not be a warranty repair.
Of course they can. We typically ate the replacement cost and did the fight with the builder/mnaker and sent the customer away happy. And made a customer for life.

Of course they can. We typically ate the replacement cost and did the fight with the builder/mnaker and sent the customer away happy. And made a customer for life.
Yes, IF the LBS had another spare battery. They considered taking one from a bike on the floor, but then they could not sell that bike — which shouldn’t be the LBS’ loss vs. Bosch taking responsibility.

Yes, IF the LBS had another spare battery. They considered taking one from a bike on the floor, but then they could not sell that bike — which shouldn’t be the LBS’ loss vs. Bosch taking responsibility.
I’m sorry but there’s nobexcusevifvthe battery replacement wasn’t available the LBS OUGH TO BE STANDUP ANS TELK THE CUSTOMER. That’s your job as a reseller. It’s the resellers job to tell a straight story and on Bosch. Sure batteries were unavailable but what play the bull s*it game. I can’t imagine that’s an elusive concept.

My 2022 bosch powertube 625 just failed at 1400 miles with a temp sensor error. I'm on the forums looking for answers other than "buy a new battery."

My 2022 bosch powertube 625 just failed at 1400 miles with a temp sensor error. I'm on the forums looking for answers other than "buy a new battery."
take it in and get it replaced on warranty. you could try resetting the battery too. hold the button down on the battery for I think 15 seconds.

Last edited:
What kind of answers are you looking for? How about take the whole bike to your LBS and have the battery replaced with a new one 2022 it's covered in the warranty. They will need the whole bike because the motor could have caused the error code.

My Bosch battery has been the BEST part of my Bosch experience.
2019 Powerfly 7 with over 20,000 km, on my 4th DU, 500 WH battery
Over 500 cycles easily now. I run it down most rides and have run it out maybe 6 times
It has only gotten warm a few times last summer, never has it gotten hot

My Bosch battery has been the BEST part of my Bosch experience.
2019 Powerfly 7 with over 20,000 km, on my 4th DU, 500 WH battery
Over 500 cycles easily now. I run it down most rides and have run it out maybe 6 times
It has only gotten warm a few times last summer, never has it gotten hot
"Oh, but it’s to expensive."

OEM riders favorite wine.

Last edited:
I read frequently on this board about battery failure, but never Bosch batteries. Has anyone ever had one fail or worn one out?

We can also read extensive advice regarding the best charging and discharging approaches, like never store fully charged, never go above 90% (or whatever) or below x%. But for quality batteries like Bosch, does it really matter? Note that I do bring our batteries indoors for the winter, even though the garage (where the bikes are) stays just above freezing. OTOH, I've had other rechargable LIon batteries that I left in our unheated mini barn, and they seem to have survived temps well below zero F.

anyway, just looking for some real world Bosch experience, not anecdotal advice gleaned from who knows what source. Thanks.
My 500 battery working perfectly for nearly 3 years but only 500 miles when suddenly after charging battery was completely dead. Have taken it to my dealer, unable to help so they say new battery replacement required £ 750 !!!
Would be greatfull to hear from anyone else who has similar problems or any alternative ways forward.
Cheers
Jamie

Back