Born to ride electric bike

gary chapman

over the last few days I have had a problem with my bike [BORN TO RIDE] make.when turning on and peddling when I adjust the throttle drive the LED indicator flashes and there is almost no power in drive battery reads 40 volts on test,im starting to think it could be the sensor near the crank,any help please

over the last few days I have had a problem with my bike [BORN TO RIDE] make.when turning on and peddling when I adjust the throttle drive the LED indicator flashes and there is almost no power in drive battery reads 40 volts on test,im starting to think it could be the sensor near the crank,any help please
Hi, Please let us know more about your ebike. How old is your ebike, show picture, etc... The most common problem is dying battery., esp on old ebikes. A dying battery often show full charge after plugged but does not give adequate power and stutters.

Agreed, voltage doesn't tell a whole lot about a battery. A lot depends upon how old it is; how it has been maintained. The sensor near your crank is for the pedal assist system and that wouldn't have anything to do with your battery. You could also have a failing charger or other controller or wiring harness issue but the battery is more likely the culprit.

Please try to upload some pics of your bike or just more specifics of the model & make and age of the bike. Wanna help :)

Hi there, I agree with you @Mark Peralta that most of the battery show full charge, but after plugging it gives low power. Most of the time battery doesn't perform better in every season. To maintain the battery you need to grease the terminals and stored it in cool and dry place after use. Recently my friend bought a new battery for his mobility scooter from https://www.spinlife.com/category.cfm?categoryID=242. I think you can check for it.

Back