Bontrager Jackalope wheels

CorbtheBorg

Just picked these up from a lbs. they look awesome! They’re the 26x3 inch version. I ordered some vee speedster that are otw from Amazon. Those are 26x3.5. I’m had some problems with the bearings in the stock wheels. They blew out twice. I thought maybe I had installed he wheel incorrectly, but after I had it fixed at the lbs, it happened again so I just said f it and bought a whole new setup. Hope this works out. I’ll post some pics after I get my stuff put together.

Attachments

• 35F6FE10-3051-44AB-99BA-725CA2FBE12F.jpeg
    35F6FE10-3051-44AB-99BA-725CA2FBE12F.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 726
  • 4A01F33C-427B-4C0E-AB90-9A3E9D6171D3.jpeg
    4A01F33C-427B-4C0E-AB90-9A3E9D6171D3.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 711
Just picked these up from a lbs. they look awesome! They’re the 26x3 inch version. I ordered some vee speedster that are otw from Amazon. Those are 26x3.5. I’m had some problems with the bearings in the stock wheels. They blew out twice. I thought maybe I had installed he wheel incorrectly, but after I had it fixed at the lbs, it happened again so I just said f it and bought a whole new setup. Hope this works out. I’ll post some pics after I get my stuff put together.

That looks awesome!

Not so far. I told him what I had and that I’m a novice and I needed pro help for a critical component that I’ve had fail twice on me. They seemed reasonable and said they would swap the casset and brakes and make sure it was 100% I’m also having them do the tires as well since it will all be in pieces. I told them I was going to buy some other things which I will like pedals and different handle bars with a cross bar from them (so I have room for mirrors and gadgets). However I told them I was going to need a motor swap and they told me they’d get back to me on that part, which is understandable. They only sell Trek and are not familiar with Bafang. They seemed like competent guys so I’m thinking it would be 50/50 if they do the motor for me too.

If I go the mail order route, I thought that I might have it shipped to a local bicycle shop (LBS) and have them unbox and assemble and fit me to the bike. I hope to establish a relationship with the LBS. I don't mind assembly, but have never done it for an electric bike.

On this topic, I did go to one shop that told me they charge extra to work on an ebike, they also sold me a new seat clamp that fit, and he put it on for me. He then told me there was a 5$ install charge. Needless to say I won’t go back there.

Back